2.0.10-RC1 released

Alex Roitman
Hi,

The candidate for the upcoming 2.0.10, gramps-2.0.10-RC1 has just
been released:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25770&package_id=121273

It still may have a couple of known issues, plus an unknown number
of unknown issues. Please test it if you can and help uncover problems
so that they can be fixed in 2.0.10.

We may release 2.0.10 right after the weekend,
depending on how this goes.

Alex

Re: 2.0.10-RC1 released

sakuno
Hi,

> The candidate for the upcoming 2.0.10, gramps-2.0.10-RC1 has just
> been released:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25770&package_id=1212
>73
>
> It still may have a couple of known issues, plus an unknown number
> of unknown issues. Please test it if you can and help uncover problems
> so that they can be fixed in 2.0.10.
>
> We may release 2.0.10 right after the weekend,
> depending on how this goes.

I've packaged this up for mandriva and fedora core 4 if anybody wants them.
If these packages are not on the download page when you get there, they are
also available here:

For Mandriva

http://www.rhodes-online.net/gramps-2.0.10-0.rc1.mdk.noarch.rpm

and Fedora Core 4

http://www.rhodes-online.net/gramps-2.0.10-0.rc1fdr4.noarch.rpm

--
 Regards
      Trevor Rhodes

Re: 2.0.10-RC1 released

Steve Hall-4

Thanks, Trevor, the FC4 package works for me.

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 01:29, Steve Hall wrote:
> Thanks, Trevor, the FC4 package works for me.

The guys have done a great job of fixing things to get this release in good
shape.  There shouldn't be many, if any, problems.  But test it out as best
you can.  The more that can be fixed before the full release in a couple of
days the better.

--
 Regards
      Trevor Rhodes
Powered by Linux                -           Mandriva 2005LE
Registered Linux user # 290542 at http://counter.li.org
Registered Machine #'s 186951 = Mandriva Club Silver Member
Source :  my 100 % Microsoft-free personal computer.

Re: [Gramps-users] 2.0.10-RC1 released

Jay Treacy
On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 10:55:13PM -0800, Alex Roitman wrote:
> The candidate for the upcoming 2.0.10, gramps-2.0.10-RC1 has just
> been released:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25770&package_id=121273

A debian package can be found at
http://people.debian.org/~treacy/gramps/gramps_2.0.10-0.1-rc1_all.deb

Enjoy.

--
James Treacy

Re: 2.0.10-RC1 released

wb-3
On Saturday February 25 2006 00:55, Alex Roitman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The candidate for the upcoming 2.0.10, gramps-2.0.10-RC1
> has just been released:

I installed from the tarfile.

When 'Check and Repair Database' is chosen, it put messages
to the CLI, instead of to the GUI.  Like:

Low-level repair: table: Person
    No dupes found for this table
Done.
Low-level repair: table: Family
    No dupes found for this table
Done.
Low-level repair: table: Event
    No dupes found for this table
Done.
Low-level repair: table: Place
    No dupes found for this table
Done.
Low-level repair: table: Source
    No dupes found for this table
Done.
Low-level repair: table: Media
    No dupes found for this table
Done.

-------------------------------
Then, it begins the old familiar 'Checking database'
process.  Otherwise, it seems to work.
-------------------------------
The RC seems not to contain the new Graphviz plugin.

--
        It is not enough to succeed.  Others must fail.

                -- Gore Vidal

Re: 2.0.10-RC1 released

Alex Roitman
On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 12:15 -0600, wb wrote:

> When 'Check and Repair Database' is chosen, it put messages
> to the CLI, instead of to the GUI.  Like:
>
> Low-level repair: table: Person
>     No dupes found for this table
> Done.
> Low-level repair: table: Family
>     No dupes found for this table
> Done.
> Low-level repair: table: Event
>     No dupes found for this table
> Done.
> Low-level repair: table: Place
>     No dupes found for this table
> Done.
> Low-level repair: table: Source
>     No dupes found for this table
> Done.
> Low-level repair: table: Media
>     No dupes found for this table
> Done.
This was intended. Maybe we should remove this output altogether.

> The RC seems not to contain the new Graphviz plugin.

I pulled stuff from the CVS. I think that Eero has not
committed his code yet.

Alex

Re: 2.0.10-RC1 released

Eero Tamminen-3
Hi,

On Saturday 25 February 2006 22:54, Alex Roitman wrote:
> > The RC seems not to contain the new Graphviz plugin.
>
> I pulled stuff from the CVS. I think that Eero has not
> committed his code yet.

I wasn't sure whether it was ready for prime time :-) as I didn't get that
many comments although I changed the report default options and made large
changes to how the plugin internally works.

Should I commit it?  There are quite a few new strings.

        - Eero

Re: 2.0.10-RC1 released

Alex Roitman
Eero,

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 23:10 +0200, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> On Saturday 25 February 2006 22:54, Alex Roitman wrote:
> > > The RC seems not to contain the new Graphviz plugin.
> >
> > I pulled stuff from the CVS. I think that Eero has not
> > committed his code yet.
>
> I wasn't sure whether it was ready for prime time :-) as I didn't get that
> many comments although I changed the report default options and made large
> changes to how the plugin internally works.
>
> Should I commit it?  There are quite a few new strings.
Well, at this point I'd say yes, since 2.0.10 has already been
released and the packages hit their repositories :-)

Alex

Re: 2.0.10-RC1 released

Eero Tamminen-3
Hi,

On Monday 27 February 2006 22:59, Alex Roitman wrote:

> > > I pulled stuff from the CVS. I think that Eero has not
> > > committed his code yet.
> >
> > I wasn't sure whether it was ready for prime time :-) as I didn't get
> > that many comments although I changed the report default options and
> > made large changes to how the plugin internally works.
> >
> > Should I commit it?  There are quite a few new strings.
>
> Well, at this point I'd say yes, since 2.0.10 has already been
> released and the packages hit their repositories :-)

I've commited it now.

I'd like to know whether I should keep the "What to group close together"
option, which affects the weights given for (parent or children) edges in
the graphs.

It doesn't seem to have effect on my graphs and I'd like to remove it
if it doesn't work properly (I might move the graph direction option
from GraphViz tab to the place of that), otherwise it's just redundant
stuff to translate.

        - Eero