2.0.2 merged with the main trunk

Alex Roitman
Hello,

The changes in gramps20 branch (between 2.0.1 and 2.0.2) have been
merge into HEAD. If you're hacking on HEAD, be aware of possible
hick-ups as a result of merge, although it went pretty smoothly
this time.

Julio, I had to copy es.po from gramps20 into HEAD, as there were
conflicts during merge, and I was not qualified to resolve them.
Again, just letting you know so that you can do the right thing (tm)
with the file.

Alex

Re: 2.0.2 merged with the main trunk

Julio Sánchez-2
2005/6/5, Alex Roitman <[hidden email]>:

> Julio, I had to copy es.po from gramps20 into HEAD, as there were
> conflicts during merge, and I was not qualified to resolve them.
> Again, just letting you know so that you can do the right thing (tm)
> with the file.

I just committed a fixed version.  Thanks for letting me know.  There
is a techniqie that you can use in the future, but just leaving it to
me is perfectly OK as well.

The technique is merging the message catalogs with msgcat (I think not
all platforms have it, but it is part of GNU gettext) . Here is what I
do:

   msgcat --use-first <version-from-2.0> <old-version-in-HEAD> >
<new-version-for-HEAD>

This preserves all translated strings needed in HEAD but that are for
features not used in 2.0 or implemented differently (and thus not
present in 2.0) while updating all other strings to the version used
in 2.0.

I have used in the past msgcat to sync translation between other
branches. For instance, I used it to update HEAD with the translations
in STABLE.

Julio