3.4.8?

jerome
Devs,

Is it OK to release '3.4.8'?

I just looked at changes.
Most are common with '4.0.4'.

Otherwise, is it also OK to release '4.0.1'?
Maybe this week-end?

regards,
Jérôme

Re: 3.4.8?

John Ralls-2

On May 29, 2014, at 7:35 AM, Jerome wrote:

Devs,

Is it OK to release '3.4.8'?

OK with me.

I just looked at changes.
Most are common with '4.0.4'.

Otherwise, is it also OK to release '4.0.1'?
Maybe this week-end?

Hope you mean '4.1.0'.

Has anyone checked that all of the changes in 4.0 have been ported to master (and 4.1 if they're recent) so that we don't have any regressions in 4.1?

Regards,
John Ralls

Re: 3.4.8?

Nick Hall
On 29/05/14 16:31, John Ralls wrote:
>> Otherwise, is it also OK to release '4.0.1'?
>> Maybe this week-end?
>
> Hope you mean '4.1.0'.
>
> Has anyone checked that all of the changes in 4.0 have been ported to
> master (and 4.1 if they're recent) so that we don't have any
> regressions in 4.1?

Any bugs fixed in the maintenance branches should also be fixed in
master.  This is the responsibility of the committer.

See:

https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Committing_policies#Bugfixes_in_branches

Are there any commits in particular you think are missing?

Re: 3.4.8?

Alain AUPEIX
Le 29/05/2014 17:31, John Ralls a écrit :

On May 29, 2014, at 7:35 AM, Jerome wrote:

Devs,

Is it OK to release '3.4.8'?

OK with me.
I was trying to install 3.4.7-3 under xubuntu 14.04.
After haven't installed some missing packets, I found a bug with 'Lignée'
The default view when opening on a person (left arrow), this person isn't displayed, and if we try to continue to go down the tree, we see the descendants of the person we previously open.
With the vertical graphic view (second), it crashes if I was on the highest ascendant (14 generations), and if less generations the graphic is trash.
With the third view, background color are weird
Wihth the last view (round), there is just the first circle, and nothing else.
All these views works with 12.04

Is-this a known problem ?

A+

I just looked at changes.
Most are common with '4.0.4'.

Otherwise, is it also OK to release '4.0.1'?
Maybe this week-end?

Hope you mean '4.1.0'.

Has anyone checked that all of the changes in 4.0 have been ported to master (and 4.1 if they're recent) so that we don't have any regressions in 4.1?

Regards,
John Ralls

Alain Aupeix
http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
http://pissobi-lacassagne.pagesperso-orange.fr/

U.buntu 12.04 | G.ramps 3.4.7-3 | H.arbour 3.2.0dev (2014-05-06 15:32) | HbIDE (Rev.307) | Five.Linux (r138) | Hw.Gui (2253)

Re: 3.4.8?

Sebastian Schubert

> Otherwise, is it also OK to release '4.1.0'?
> Maybe this week-end?

Personally, I think the German translation issues mentioned in
http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/mailman/message/32351768/
are still present. I've already contacted Mirko to settle this. If you
and Mirko are of other opinion please do the release.

Sebastian

Re: 3.4.8?

Nick Hall
On 29/05/14 21:24, Sebastian Schubert wrote:
>> Otherwise, is it also OK to release '4.1.0'?
>> >Maybe this week-end?
> Personally, I think the German translation issues mentioned in
> http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/mailman/message/32351768/
> are still present. I've already contacted Mirko to settle this. If you
> and Mirko are of other opinion please do the release.

How long will it take you to update the translation?

Re: 3.4.8?

John Ralls-2

On May 29, 2014, at 9:11 AM, Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 29/05/14 16:31, John Ralls wrote:
>>> Otherwise, is it also OK to release '4.0.1'?
>>> Maybe this week-end?
>>
>> Hope you mean '4.1.0'.
>>
>> Has anyone checked that all of the changes in 4.0 have been ported to
>> master (and 4.1 if they're recent) so that we don't have any
>> regressions in 4.1?
>>

> Any bugs fixed in the maintenance branches should also be fixed in
> master.  This is the responsibility of the committer.
>
> See:
>
> https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Committing_policies#Bugfixes_in_branches
>
> Are there any commits in particular you think are missing?

I did a trial merge of gramps40 into gramps41 and arranged them in date order. The following gramps40 commits don’t appear to have a corresponding gramps41 commit:

a02f76c9 Fix for python3
a2a988b6 Some more revised Norwegian Bokmål
bfaeb73d Some revised Norwegian bokmål translation
8b0b29c9 7666: ANSEL GEDCOM import messes up foreign characters
788ff005 7570: descendants browser doesn't expand under Ubuntu 14.04
f7474410 Update Dutch translation
5230f89a typo for calling conv_to_unicode on libdjango; thank you pylint
9e3d055a update German translation
1bb5ac82 Revert "7276: translate some punctuation marks -- partial” (The corresponding commit is in both gramps 40 and gramps41)
1f9d4790 update German translation
4164920d Fix bad open flag
f607cc98 open ==> io.open
5cb1a823 Update template (~4 modified/new strings) and the french translation
3b23ab46 7559: add LOG.info for displaying recursive handles for BaseObject
f61dd9b2 typo on swedish translation
f6dd3c34 7544: update Brazilian Portuguese translation
591bee56 update Italian translation
70af0666 update Swedish translation
b059ccb3 add new gvfamilylines strings to some po files
1bc7c650 Update Arabic translation
bfff63d8 typos on french translation (spell check)
cc40653b typo on Finnish translation
3812183a update Arabic translation, review plural forms
93b62067 start to review plural form
5c2d3016 update German translation
3c39bd3a czech translation update
a555e793 update Finnish translation
29606b2b Update template and french translation, new string on gvfamilylines [37193c] (Dunno what 37193c is supposed to be, but that commit is completely different)
13311e0a Update Ukrainian translation
cf0e1382 7276: [e44be0] update template and french translation (In this case the hash is the commit’s parent.)
513c328b 7342 5024: typo on change column into event selector
42168846 typo on french translation
3e6127ac [824195]: update translation template and french translation, new source selection and citation editor simplification, [3a56ed] 6854: spelling messages, [a8d78e] 7434: media viewer and missing path
d88eedbc 7536: Fix bug introduced with new column order
5d90ce5c update Arabic translation with contributions by Munzir Taha
11731e81 Some more update of Norwegian bokmål
c4a7b4c0 4220: update samples; http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/source/merge-requests/2/
05de040e Some more revision of Norwegian bokmål
f82edf89 Some more update of Norwegian bokmål

That’s just back to 1 March. Not all of these are necessarily problems: For example, I looked at the patch for "4164920d Fix bad open flag” and found that the correction had already been made in master, so cherry-picking wasn’t necessary.”. Note as well that since I compared the first lines of the commit messages, not the patches, the list doesn’t necessarily reflect all of the problems; for example, compare the patches for 26ab379 and b240c31: They have the same commit message and were made 15 minutes apart, but the first has a change in cli/clidbman.py while the second changes guy/aboutdialog.py instead.

Regards,
John Ralls

Re: 3.4.8?

Nick Hall
On 29/05/14 21:32, John Ralls wrote:

> [...]
> 11731e81 Some more update of Norwegian bokmål
> c4a7b4c0 4220: update samples;http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/source/merge-requests/2/
> 05de040e Some more revision of Norwegian bokmål
> f82edf89 Some more update of Norwegian bokmål
>
> That’s just back to 1 March. Not all of these are necessarily problems: For example, I looked at the patch for "4164920d Fix bad open flag” and found that the correction had already been made in master, so cherry-picking wasn’t necessary.”. Note as well that since I compared the first lines of the commit messages, not the patches, the list doesn’t necessarily reflect all of the problems; for example, compare the patches for 26ab379 and b240c31: They have the same commit message and were made 15 minutes apart, but the first has a change in cli/clidbman.py while the second changes guy/aboutdialog.py instead.

I don't remember problems like this in the past.  Developers know that
they have to commit changes to master in addition to the maintenance branch.

In my testing I didn't see any evidence of regressions.

Re: 3.4.8?

Mirko Leonhäuser
Hello,

I had again a look at the translation.
 - now only District is translated as 'Bezirk' I removed the translation for
Borough because its a typical USA and GB thing and the usage specially in US
is so different that it make no sense to translate.
- also there is now a difference between parish and Municipality

For me it is ok to make the release.

Regards

Mirko

Am Donnerstag, 29. Mai 2014, 22:24:51 schrieb Sebastian Schubert:

> Hi,
>
> > Otherwise, is it also OK to release '4.1.0'?
> > Maybe this week-end?
>
> Personally, I think the German translation issues mentioned in
> http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/mailman/message/32351768/
> are still present. I've already contacted Mirko to settle this. If you
> and Mirko are of other opinion please do the release.
>
> Sebastian

Re: 3.4.8?

Sebastian Schubert
Thanks a lot, Mirko!

As far as I can see, the last three German translation corrections have
to be cherry-picked to the master branch.

Looking forward to the release of 4.1.0.

Sebastian