Quantcast

4.0.1

Benny Malengier
Jerome,

It would be good if you could already indicate when in June you can do the 4.0.1 release.
Like that, we can all work toward it, and do a code freeze 1 week before it.

There are many small things, so a 4.0.1, and 4.0.2 on a known schedule (begin July?) would be good.

Re: 4.0.1

Paul Franklin-5
On 5/22/13, Benny Malengier <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Like that, we can all work toward it, and do a code freeze 1 week before

If specific dates are picked and announced, I suggest that
a specific "string freeze" date be announced too.

Re: 4.0.1

Tim Lyons
Administrator
Could someone please update the scheduled release dates in the roadmap http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/roadmap_page.php for both 3.4.6, 4.0.1 and 4.1.0 (they are 17 May 2013, 23 Dec 2012 and 30 Mar 2013 respectively).

(I can't even see where they are stored let alone edited!)

Tim.

Re: 4.0.1

Benny Malengier
Those dates are unimportant.
I suppose as admin on the tracker I could change them, but I won't, as all dates around release are available on the wiki and in the News.

Benny

On 24 May 2013, at 13:57, Benny Malengier wrote:

> Those dates are unimportant.
> I suppose as admin on the tracker I could change them, but I won't,
> as all dates around release are available on the wiki and in the News.

Sorry, where in the wiki and News are the rough proposed dates for the
next releases? (I presume you mean the News in the front page of the
wiki which gives the date of past releases)

I find it quite hard to track the various discussions and alternative
dates in the mailing list, and am not sure when the next one is likely?

Regards,
Tim.

Re: 4.0.1

Benny Malengier

2013/5/24 Tim Lyons <[hidden email]>

On 24 May 2013, at 13:57, Benny Malengier wrote:

Those dates are unimportant.
I suppose as admin on the tracker I could change them, but I won't, as all dates around release are available on the wiki and in the News.

Sorry, where in the wiki and News are the rough proposed dates for the next releases? (I presume you mean the News in the front page of the wiki which gives the date of past releases)

I find it quite hard to track the various discussions and alternative dates in the mailing list, and am not sure when the next one is likely?

Ok, you mean next release, not past.
Jerome, correct me if I'm wrong:

4.0.1 release plan:

* Code and string freeze: 15 June
* release: around 24 June

3.4.6 : no release planned at this time.

Tim.

Re: 4.0.1

OK for me.

Note, maybe it could be great if one bug added on '3.4.6' roadmap can be fixed (at least one new message) before 4.0.1 release: http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=6757