5.1.1 release

Nick Hall
Devs,

We should probably release v5.1.1 soon.

I have some time available.  Shall I go ahead and merge the outstanding
bugs?

There doesn't appear to be anything urgent on the roadmap.

Is anybody working on a bug fix at the moment?

Re: 5.1.1 release

Harald Rosemann
Hi,

I am engaged in a modified version of the LaTeX output;
the gallery in the individual report has to be reformed.
But as seemingly no one (?) is using this form of output
there is no need I think to wait for.

Best regards
Harald

Am 09.09.19 um 22:48 schrieb Nick Hall:

> Devs,
>
> We should probably release v5.1.1 soon.
>
> I have some time available.  Shall I go ahead and merge the
> outstanding bugs?
>
> There doesn't appear to be anything urgent on the roadmap.
>
> Is anybody working on a bug fix at the moment?
>
> Regards,
>

> Nick.

Re: 5.1.1 release

GRAMPS - Dev mailing list

I plan to submit a PR pinning the pickle protocol version later today. Of course up to you when/if to merge it, just in case.

Cheers,
David

Am Montag, 9. September 2019 22:48 schrieb Nick Hall <[hidden email]>:

> Devs,
>
> We should probably release v5.1.1 soon.
>
> I have some time available.  Shall I go ahead and merge the outstanding
> bugs?
>
> There doesn't appear to be anything urgent on the roadmap.
>
> Is anybody working on a bug fix at the moment?
>
> Regards,
>
> Nick.
>
> Gramps-devel mailing list

Re: 5.1.1 release

P. Ekholm-2
Den 2019-09-09 kl. 22:48, skrev Nick Hall:

> Devs,
>
> We should probably release v5.1.1 soon.
>
> I have some time available.  Shall I go ahead and merge the
> outstanding bugs?
>
> There doesn't appear to be anything urgent on the roadmap.
>
> Is anybody working on a bug fix at the moment?
>
> Regards,
>

> Nick.

SNoiraud suggested new translations in his pull request
https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/pull/884, is it possible to get
a new gramps.pot to add the missing translations before the release?

Re: 5.1.1 release

On 10/09/2019 06:55, Harald Rosemann wrote:
> I am engaged in a modified version of the LaTeX output;
> the gallery in the individual report has to be reformed.
> But as seemingly no one (?) is using this form of output
> there is no need I think to wait for.

  New functionality should go into the next major release (v5.2).

Thanks for working on this again.  LaTeX output seems to be gaining
popularity - we have had a couple of enquiries related to the
genealogytree module recently.

Free free to open a pull request and let us know if you need any help.

Re: 5.1.1 release

On 10/09/2019 07:48, David Straub wrote:
> I plan to submit a PR pinning the pickle protocol version later today. Of course up to you when/if to merge it, just in case.

Pickle protocol version 4 was introduced in python 3.4 which reached its
end-of-life almost 6 months ago.

https://docs.python.org/3/library/pickle.html#pickle-protocols

https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-3410

Although Gramps v5.1 supports python 3.2 and above, I don't expect many
people to still be using versions 3.2 or 3.3.  Even so, Gramps will
still work, but the SQLite database file will be less portable.  BSDDB
files should never be shared between installations.

On balance, I feel the pinning the pickle protocol version is not in the
interests of the majority of our users.

Re: 5.1.1 release

On 10/09/2019 10:44, P. Ekholm wrote:

> SNoiraud suggested new translations in his pull request
> https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/pull/884, is it possible to
> get a new gramps.pot to add the missing translations before the release?

Yes.  Thanks for reminding me.

I will generate a new pot file today.

Re: 5.1.1 release

GRAMPS - Dev mailing list
Dear Nick,

thanks for clarifying this.

Maybe it would make sense to officially deprecate Python 3.3 then? As you point out it has reached EOL long ago anyway.

Best,
David

Am Dienstag, 10. September 2019 14:52 schrieb Nick Hall <[hidden email]>:

> On 10/09/2019 07:48, David Straub wrote:
>
> > I plan to submit a PR pinning the pickle protocol version later today. Of course up to you when/if to merge it, just in case.
>
> Pickle protocol version 4 was introduced in python 3.4 which reached its
> end-of-life almost 6 months ago.
>
> https://docs.python.org/3/library/pickle.html#pickle-protocols
>
> https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-3410
>
> Although Gramps v5.1 supports python 3.2 and above, I don't expect many
> people to still be using versions 3.2 or 3.3.  Even so, Gramps will
> still work, but the SQLite database file will be less portable.  BSDDB
> files should never be shared between installations.
>
> On balance, I feel the pinning the pickle protocol version is not in the
> interests of the majority of our users.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nick.

Re: 5.1.1 release

Gil da Costa-2
Nick,

In bug report #11286 (French translation is incomplete), I have attached
file fr.mo which should correct most of obvious missing French translations.

I hope that you will use some part of it.

Sorry: I'm not (yet) familiar with Git and Github.

Regards,

Gil da Costa

Re: 5.1.1 release

Nick Hall
On 10/09/2019 21:15, Gil da Costa wrote:
> In bug report #11286 (French translation is incomplete), I have
> attached file fr.mo which should correct most of obvious missing
> French translations.
>
> I hope that you will use some part of it.
>
> Sorry: I'm not (yet) familiar with Git and Github.

Thanks for the translation.  I have created a pull request:

https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/pull/898