5.1 addons repository

Jonathan Biegert
Hello,

I'm working on the new LaTeX reports, and I'm having the problem that
the addon providing them is only available for gramps 5.0 but not in my
development checkout (which identifies as 5.1) [1]. Seems like the
addons-repository branched out maintenance/gramps50 from master at some
point, and development continued (including addition of said
latex/GenealogyTree addon) on this branch maintenance/50), without it
being merged back into master branch.

Is this an oversight or am I missing something here?

  Jonathan

[1]:
<https://github.com/gramps-project/addons-source/tree/maintenance/gramps50/GenealogyTree>

Re: 5.1 addons repository

prculley
The 5.1 addons repository is sadly out of date.  A few of the updates from gramps50 branch have been applied but most have not.  I don't know if a relatively simple git merge can be used to fix this, or if someone will have to cherry pick all of the missing commits.  My own git skills are not good where merging is concerned (I always seem to get a lot of merge conflicts and end up with a messed up history), so I am reluctant to try to fix this myself.

I have to wonder if it would be easier to just start over; make a copy of gramps50 branch and do the search/replace of the Gramps version in the .gpr files...

For local work, you can simple copy the addon from gramps50, and change the version to 5.1 yourself; at the moment master branch is otherwise compatible with gramps50.

Paul C.

On 22/04/18 12:50, Jonathan Biegert wrote:
> I'm working on the new LaTeX reports, and I'm having the problem that
> the addon providing them is only available for gramps 5.0 but not in my
> development checkout (which identifies as 5.1) [1]. Seems like the
> addons-repository branched out maintenance/gramps50 from master at some
> point, and development continued (including addition of said
> latex/GenealogyTree addon) on this branch maintenance/50), without it
> being merged back into master branch.
>
> Is this an oversight or am I missing something here?

The third-party addons have a different release schedule than core
Gramps.   Feel free to develop genealogytree addons in the gramps50 branch.