A changing of the guard

Don Allingham-3
I'm pleased to announce that Brian Matherly (pez4brian) is stepping up
to fulfill the role of Project Manager. Brian has been a part of the
GRAMPS team for several years, handling all of our reports. He has a
Masters Degree in Computer Engineering, is the chair of the IEEE
Siouxland Section, and is an Adjunct Professor of Computer Science at
Colorado Technical University.

Rumour has it that he is also an astronaut, and that his wife make the
best chocolate chip cookie west of the Mississippi.

Please welcome Brian into his new role. I will be assisting Brian as
he takes on this role, gradually turning over the full reigns to him.

Don

Re: A changing of the guard

bm-5
Quoting Don Allingham <[hidden email]>:

> I'm pleased to announce that Brian Matherly (pez4brian) is stepping up
> to fulfill the role of Project Manager. Brian has been a part of the
> GRAMPS team for several years, handling all of our reports. He has a
> Masters Degree in Computer Engineering, is the chair of the IEEE
> Siouxland Section, and is an Adjunct Professor of Computer Science at
> Colorado Technical University.
>
> Rumour has it that he is also an astronaut, and that his wife make the
> best chocolate chip cookie west of the Mississippi.
>
> Please welcome Brian into his new role. I will be assisting Brian as
> he takes on this role, gradually turning over the full reigns to him.
>
> Don

Congratulations Brian!

Re: [Gramps-devel] A changing of the guard

Duncan Lithgow-2
On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 21:28 -0600, Don Allingham wrote:
> Please welcome Brian into his new role. I will be assisting Brian as
> he takes on this role, gradually turning over the full reigns to him.
Welcome, welcome. I look forward to seeing what this change of the guard
will bring the world of GRAMPS.

And thank you Don for your great managing up to now. I look forward to
seeing how you define your new role. And I look forward to hearing about
the weekend trips and evenings out you probably owe your wife! Actually
on second thought you can keep the details to yourself, I'm just glad
you've found a solution you're happy with.

I do however have one serious concern. Don, do you think Brian's
knowledge of Monty Python skits is up to the job of naming releases.
It's very important.

Duncan

Re: A changing of the guard

Alex Roitman
Hi everybody,

I think I also should come clean and announce what has been
the de-facto state of affairs for me for a few months now.
The truth is, I don't have time anymore to contribute to
GRAMPS the way I used to in the past few years.

Those of you who sent me private emails lately asking to
commit or fix something already know this. Sorry to put
you off, but I can't pay the attention that GRAMPS deserves,
and I'd rather not do things than do them incorrectly
or cause further confusion.

I hope to be contributing in a small way, if and when
I have time. But I won't be managing the project the way
I used to. I think this is ultimately the good thing, because
lately, with being busy, I was putting off things instead
of letting somebody else do them.

Anyway, it has been fun. Now it's somebody else's turn  :-)
I have assigned all my bugs on the tracker to nobody, please
feel free to grab any that you like. There are many which
can be easily fixed, and many more that I had no idea what
to do with.

If anybody has questions about any code I wrote I would be
more than happy to explain what it does or does not do.
Unless it is the report framework, which is an awful can
of worms :-)

Good luck and long live GRAMPS!
Alex

--
Alexander Roitman   http://gramps-project.org

Re: A changing of the guard

Brian Matherly
Dear dedicated Gramps users and developers,

I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome.

I hope no one is expecting any major transformations just because Don started calling me "Project Manager". I firmly believe that the users and developers are the heart of Gramps.
Therefore, I will be leaning heavily on all of you for the future
direction of Gramps. Your opinions and contributions are just as important as mine. I see my role being mostly administrative. My goal is to empower you to be able to continue making improvements to Gramps.

So please, keep those ideas flowing. And let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.

~Brian