Adding LDS/IGI information to gramps

yorkshire_lad
I've got about 150 pages of IGI print-outs from their micofiche that I did about 25 years ago, and have finally (!) got round to cataloguing/databasing them and am wanting to get them added into gramps.  Once I've got them scanned (JPG/PDF) which shouldn't take long, is there an efficient/slick/standard/accepted way of adding the information (mix of christenings and marriages) into gramps?  I'm wondering if there's a Wiki/FAQ anywhere (haven't found much). And any gotchas?  I've done loads of BMD certificates, so am familiar with the Repository/Source/Citation chain, I'm just wondering if LDS information is handled slightly differently.  I've noticed that there are LDS 'tabs' for e.g. marriages and people.  Is it better to treat e.g. an LDS marriage entry like any other citation for that marriage, or log it under the LDS tab, or both.

Just asking so that I might learn from others' experiences, not make the same mistakes, and start off generally in the right direction!

TIA

Allan

Re: Adding LDS/IGI information to gramps

enno
Allan,

Did you check whether this film had been indexed already? If so, you may be waisting your time. You van check its status in the Familysearch catalog.

The LDS tab is for LDS specific events, like sealings, so I doubt if you neef that.

Enno