Adding marriage details

Duncan Lithgow
I can't find where I should be adding marriage details, place, date. Can
someone point me the right way?

Duncan

Re: Adding marriage details

Don Allingham
Double click on the spouse. Its not the most intuitive, and we are
looking to change this in the 2.2 release.

Don

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 01:11 +0200, Duncan Lithgow wrote:

> I can't find where I should be adding marriage details, place, date. Can
> someone point me the right way?
>
> Duncan

Don Allingham
http://don.allingham.org

Re: Adding marriage details

John Stoffel

Don> Double click on the spouse. Its not the most intuitive, and we
Don> are looking to change this in the 2.2 release.

I still think we should have a box between the active person and the
active spouse which shows the marriage date, and allows you to click
on it to edit/add/delete.  If you have multiple spouses, you just
highlight the one who's currently shown.

John

Don> Don

Don> On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 01:11 +0200, Duncan Lithgow wrote:

>> I can't find where I should be adding marriage details, place, date. Can
>> someone point me the right way?
>>
>> Duncan

Don> --
Don> Don Allingham
Don> http://don.allingham.org
Don> !DSPAM:43261e4d31093870249169!

Re: Adding marriage details

Don Allingham
We have some screenshots somewhere of a couple of mock ups for a new
Family View. Part of this is to remove the whole Marriage Editor, and
incorporate it into the Family View. The whole thing should get much
simpler. I think the design would meet your needs.

Unfortunately, this is under the 2.2 branch, where development has
stalled due to support of 2.0.

Don

John Stoffel wrote:

> Don> Double click on the spouse. Its not the most intuitive, and we
> Don> are looking to change this in the 2.2 release.
>
> I still think we should have a box between the active person and the
> active spouse which shows the marriage date, and allows you to click
> on it to edit/add/delete.  If you have multiple spouses, you just
> highlight the one who's currently shown.
>
> John
>
> Don> Don
>
> Don> On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 01:11 +0200, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
>
>>>I can't find where I should be adding marriage details, place, date. Can
>>>someone point me the right way?
>>>
>>>Duncan

> Don> --
> Don> Don Allingham
> Don> http://don.allingham.org
> Don> !DSPAM:43261e4d31093870249169!

Re: Adding marriage details

John Stoffel

Don> We have some screenshots somewhere of a couple of mock ups for a
Don> new Family View. Part of this is to remove the whole Marriage
Don> Editor, and incorporate it into the Family View. The whole thing
Don> should get much simpler. I think the design would meet your
Don> needs.

Sounds great to me.  I've been looking over the web site and didn't
find anything, but I'm in no rush at this point.

Don> Unfortunately, this is under the 2.2 branch, where development
Don> has stalled due to support of 2.0.

Certainly.  I'm hoping to get back into bug hunting soon with my own
dat entry, but other work first!

John