Addresses and Residence events

Why is Addresses separated out into it's own tab, when that makes it
impossible to see all of a person's Residence events as they move around
whatever place they live in?

Re: Addresses and Residence events

Dave Scheipers
Hi Ron,

Once again, you get to choose how and where to keep information.

I use the address tab for my close family members with their current addresses. If it's a relative that I would have their email under the internet tab, I'd list their address under the address tab.

If the relative has died, I would create a residence event with their address and hopefully a from...to... date. The older back the person/family, I'm less inclined to have residence event unless it adds something to the narrative especially if the residence is different than other known events (BMD).

The other thing I do is put the 'family' residence in the family event list.

Of course all this is different than census events, If I have census events, again I'm less inclined to add residence events.

Most times when I share reports with other relatives, I'll create a narrated web site and put in on a thumb drive for them so what I do works for me. With the narrated web site, the residence events can be mapped which is not possible with addresses under the tab.

Dave

Hi,