Quantcast

Anyone else get a Google Docs invite?

Ron Johnson
It went straight to my Spam folder.  (I didn't reply to it because that
would train the spam filters that it was more likely to be a valid email.)

Re: Anyone else get a Google Docs invite?

Philip Weiss
There's malware that's spreading through a Google Docs vector.  If you open it, you are liable to spread it to more people.  I've no idea what the payload does besides spreading it, but since it's able to propagate hosted on Google's servers, it possibly has access to lots of stuff.

Phil.

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 12:16 PM, Ron Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
It went straight to my Spam folder.  (I didn't reply to it because that
would train the spam filters that it was more likely to be a valid email.)

Re: Anyone else get a Google Docs invite?

Adam Stein-3
I got it and just deleted it. Didn't bother looking to see what it was.

--
Adam ([hidden email])

Re: [SPAM?] Anyone else get a Google Docs invite?

salamandir-2

On Wednesday, May 03, 2017 02:16:19 PM, Ron Johnson, an eminent manifestation of divinity, wrote:

> It went straight to my Spam folder. (I didn't reply to it because that

> would train the spam filters that it was more likely to be a valid email.)

i got a google docs invite, which i thought was strange. i did not open it, because i suspect anything coming from google that i'm not expecting, because of the very high probability that it could be viri or malware.

--

namaste

salamandir

[hidden email]

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion

Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\ - against proprietary attachments

--

The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent.

https://arstechnica.com/security/2017/05/google-docs-phish-worm-grabs-your-google-app-permissions-contacts/

--

namaste

salamandir

[hidden email]

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion

Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\ - against proprietary attachments

--

Cthulhu thinks you taste like chicken.

Flaugh! Spew! On second thought, you taste like Yog Sothoth's ass.

Re: [SPAM?] Anyone else get a Google Docs invite?

Simon C. Tremblay
Also mentionned here

A Dangerously Convincing Google Docs Phishing Scam Is Spreading Like Crazy

Simon

Le mer. 3 mai 2017 à 16:57, salamandir <[hidden email]> a écrit :

--

namaste

salamandir

[hidden email]

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion

Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\ - against proprietary attachments

--

Cthulhu thinks you taste like chicken.

Flaugh! Spew! On second thought, you taste like Yog Sothoth's ass.

Re: Anyone else get a Google Docs invite?

Peter Merchant
On 03/05/17 20:16, Ron Johnson wrote:
> It went straight to my Spam folder.  (I didn't reply to it because that
> would train the spam filters that it was more likely to be a valid email.)

just got it, as the same time as all your replies.

Peter M.

Re: Anyone else get a Google Docs invite?

Paul Grabbe
Do not open. Phishing attack. Here's a story about it.