Applying styles to GRAMPS reports/books using Open Office

Applying styles to GRAMPS reports/books using Open Office

Lorrie
List,

I have a few questions about formatting reports/books created in GRAMPS but opened in Open Office.
  1. How do I apply a template after the document is open?
  2. Once I create a template from a document, how do I delete the content but keep the styles?
I am not sure if these questions fully qualify as GRAMPS related, so please be kind if not.

Norma

Re: Applying styles to GRAMPS reports/books using Open Office

Duncan Lithgow-5
2009/8/13 L. Laskey <[hidden email]>:
> How do I apply a template after the document is open?
> Once I create a template from a document, how do I delete the content but
> keep the styles?
When you delete the content you actually keep the styles. So to answer
both questions at once, just take a document with the styles the way
you like it and save it somewhere as a file you can use as a template
(just a normal odt file). You can then cut and paste content into this
file and as long as the names of the styles are the same they will be
applied to the new content. Bear in mind that indexes have to be
deleted seperately.

Of course there is also a special template system, you can read about
that in the openoffice manual

Duncan

PS. I'm sending my template to you directly, anyone else who wants it
off list let me know.

Re: Applying styles to GRAMPS reports/books using Open Office

Lorrie
Duncan,

I opened up your template and now I understand what a template should look like. I see only the styles but no content. Thank you for your help and the template.

Norma

Norma