Artistic help still wanted.

Don Allingham
We have been making some serious progress on the 2.1/2.2 branch. It will
be a while before we have anything people can really use, but some very
exciting things are happening.

One of the things we are trying to do is to clean up and unify our
icons. Right now we have a mixture of several different styles of icons.
The Person and Family icons are photo-realistic. Several are stock
icons. Some (like the Place icon) are somewhere in between.

With our new architecture, our sidebar icons are smaller. This has
really hurt the photo-realistic icons, since they do not scale well. You
can see on the following screenshot:

http://developers.gramps-project.org/show_image.php?id=12

The Tango project (http://www.tango-project.org) is attempting to unify
icons, and provide guidelines for icons that would work well under both
KDE and GNOME. I want to adopt the tango guidelines in GRAMPS. Having a
consistent style in the program is very important, and having an icon
scheme that fits in with the desktop is important as well.

If you have some artistic talent, I would appreciate submissions of
tango compliant icons for inclusion in GRAMPS. I was able to create a
Person icon ( http://gramps-project.org/files/person.svg ) by modifying
an existing icon. So this should give you an idea of the style. See the
tango project's web page for more information.

Icons we need are:

1) Family List - representing list of families
2) Relationships - representing the relationships between people
3) Pedigree - the current one is close, but needs to be tango-ified.
4) Map - representing a map
5) Places - a potential one exists by using the "web" icon, but it
   would be nice to have our own
6) Repositories - something to indicate a library or something similar
7) Media - representing images, video, etc.

--
Don Allingham
http://don.allingham.org

Re: [Gramps-devel] Artistic help still wanted.

Jim Winfrey-2
Don,

Anyway to move the birthdates for family members up on the same line as
the name.  It would make better use of the real estate and show more of
the family without so much scrolling.

Jim