Bad date export to Gedcom on newly set dates

Bad date export to Gedcom on newly set dates

Julio Sánchez-2
Hello,

It seems that new dates, i.e. dates on new events are exported to
GEDCOM like this:

1 BIRT
2 DATE 18/11/1815

That is the way I type the date in.  It is parsed into fields
correctly, but it seems that it is using for export the value of the
date text field.

For dates that existed already (were imported from a GRAMPS XML
database), the date text field is absent and a proper GEDCOM date is
output.

I am not sure what is the correct fix, though.

Julio

Re: Bad date export to Gedcom on newly set dates

Don Allingham
Julio,

Can you send me your testcase? We should be able to get a fix in place
for 2.0.4 (which we are planning to release next week).

Don

Julio Sanchez wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It seems that new dates, i.e. dates on new events are exported to
> GEDCOM like this:
>
> 1 BIRT
> 2 DATE 18/11/1815
>
> That is the way I type the date in.  It is parsed into fields
> correctly, but it seems that it is using for export the value of the
> date text field.
>
> For dates that existed already (were imported from a GRAMPS XML
> database), the date text field is absent and a proper GEDCOM date is
> output.
>
> I am not sure what is the correct fix, though.
>
> Julio

Re: Bad date export to Gedcom on newly set dates

Don Allingham
Julio,

I have committed a fix for this to CVS, and it will be included into the
2.0.4 release.

Don

Don Allingham wrote:

> Julio,
>
> Can you send me your testcase? We should be able to get a fix in place
> for 2.0.4 (which we are planning to release next week).
>
> Don
>
> Julio Sanchez wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>It seems that new dates, i.e. dates on new events are exported to
>>GEDCOM like this:
>>
>>1 BIRT
>>2 DATE 18/11/1815
>>
>>That is the way I type the date in.  It is parsed into fields
>>correctly, but it seems that it is using for export the value of the
>>date text field.
>>
>>For dates that existed already (were imported from a GRAMPS XML
>>database), the date text field is absent and a proper GEDCOM date is
>>output.
>>
>>I am not sure what is the correct fix, though.
>>
>>Julio

Re: Bad date export to Gedcom on newly set dates

Julio Sánchez-2
Looks good to me.

Thanks,

Julio