Black background on input field

Philip Weiss
Anyone know how I can get rid of this black background on input fields?  It starts off white, then when the field fails validation it turns red, and then when it's corrected it turns black.  Running stock Ubuntu 16.04 (woo upgrade time!) but this has been happening for a while.

As that happens a lot with dates and with lat/long entry, I often cannot see the text and have to save and reopen to see what I typed.

Attachment should be small enough to get through filters.

Phil.

Black.png (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Black background on input field

manzi.sam
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Black background on input field

Philip Weiss
Also similar to https://gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=8136

So I suspect there's a setting somewhere that I could set.

Phil.

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 7:51 PM, Sam Manzi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Reminds me of issue: 9236: Cursor in event reference editor is a fully black block

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Black background on input field

Philip Weiss
Desktop theme is Ambience.

$ python3 Gramps.py -v

/home/kingrat/bin/gramps/gramps/grampsapp.py:197: PyGIWarning: Gtk was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Gtk', '3.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import Gtk
/home/kingrat/bin/gramps/gramps/grampsapp.py:247: PyGIWarning: OsmGpsMap was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('OsmGpsMap', '1.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import OsmGpsMap as osmgpsmap

** (Gramps.py:10257): WARNING **: Failed to load shared library 'libgexiv2.so.2' referenced by the typelib: libexiv2.so.12: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2016-04-22 20:08:22.937: ERROR: grampsapp.py: line 139: Unhandled exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Gramps.py", line 31, in <module>
    app.main()
  File "/home/kingrat/bin/gramps/gramps/grampsapp.py", line 450, in main
    errors = run()
  File "/home/kingrat/bin/gramps/gramps/grampsapp.py", line 401, in run
    show_settings()
  File "/home/kingrat/bin/gramps/gramps/grampsapp.py", line 262, in show_settings
    from gi.repository import GExiv2
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 969, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 958, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 664, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 634, in _load_backward_compatible
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/importer.py", line 146, in load_module
    dynamic_module = load_overrides(introspection_module)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/overrides/__init__.py", line 125, in load_overrides
    override_mod = importlib.import_module(override_package_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/overrides/GExiv2.py", line 36, in <module>
    class Metadata(GExiv2.Metadata):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/overrides/__init__.py", line 206, in override
    assert g_type != TYPE_NONE
AssertionError

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Sam Manzi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Possibly except 8136 is the surrounding area and not the input field.

What desktop theme are you using?

What Version of Gramps?

Can you please provide the output from:

gramps -v

-
Sam

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Black background on input field

Philip Weiss

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 8:42 PM, Sam Manzi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Well looks like an installation issue with you Gramps?

On 23 April 2016 at 13:10, Philip Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Desktop theme is Ambience.

$ python3 Gramps.py -v

/home/kingrat/bin/gramps/gramps/grampsapp.py:197: PyGIWarning: Gtk was imported without specifying a version first. Use  File "/usr/lib

Also looks like your running Gramps from source, which version or is it from git if so what is the commit hash?

** (Gramps.py:10257): WARNING **: Failed to load shared library 'libgexiv2.so.2' referenced by the typelib: libexiv2.so.12: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Lost in the Ubuntu upgrade?

/python3/dist-packages/gi/overrides/__init__.py", line 206, in override
    assert g_type != TYPE_NONE
AssertionError

Possible issue with your GTK installation?

Did your upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04 upgrade work correctly?

The issue is not new since the upgrade.

Upgrade went fine.

I couldn't tell you why -v doesn't give the standard results. Not sure what the deal is with libgexiv2 but gramps itself opens just fine.    The library is only used for getting exif data from media, as far as i understand.

Yes, running from git. Just grabbed the latest 42 maintenance release this afternoon.

Phil

Re: Black background on input field

Yes, I got it too since many months! I thought
it was related to my config or gtk3 theme.

Gramps Settings:
----------------
 python    : 3.4.3
 gramps    : 4.2.3
 gtk++     : 3.14.13
 pygobject : 3.12.1

It is a little bit strange because it is only around the custom
validation widget (e.g., date field), but I do not look further yet.

Jerome R.

En date de : Sam 23.4.16, Philip Weiss <[hidden email]> a écrit :

 Objet: Re: [Gramps-users] Black background on input field
 À: "Sam Manzi" <[hidden email]>
 Cc: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Samedi 23 avril 2016, 4h55

 Also

 wrote:
 Anyone know how I can
 get rid of this black background on input fields?  It
 starts off white, then when the field fails validation it
 turns red, and then when it's corrected it turns
 black.  Running stock Ubuntu 16.04 (woo upgrade time!) but
 this has been happening for a while.
 As that happens a lot with dates and
 with lat/long entry, I often cannot see the text and have to
 save and reopen to see what I typed.
 Attachment should be small enough to
 get through filters.
 Phil.

 Find and fix application performance issues faster with
 Applications Manager

 Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into
 multiple tiers of

 your business applications. It resolves application problems
 quickly and

 reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial!

 -----La pièce jointe associée suit-----

 trial!
 -----La pièce jointe associée suit-----

Re: Black background on input field

Philip Weiss
I uninstalled libgexiv2 thinking I would re-install. I haven't reinstalled yet, but now python3 Gramps.py -v works:

Gramps Settings:
----------------
 python    : 3.5.1
 gramps    : 4.2.4-4444f74