Black background on input field

jerome
May be related to a fallback on interface?

When the focus is on the Date field, I get:

gramps/gui/grampsgui.py:339: Warning: g_value_get_int: assertion 'G_VALUE_HOLDS_INT (value)' failed
  Gtk.main()

En date de : Sam 23.4.16, jerome <[hidden email]> a écrit :

 Objet: [Gramps-users] Black background on input field
 À: "Sam Manzi" <[hidden email]>, "Philip Weiss" <[hidden email]>, "jerome" <[hidden email]>
 Cc: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Samedi 23 avril 2016, 9h07

 There is a bug with "Elementary" gtk
 theme.

 I cannot reproduce it with "Adwaita" theme.

Re: Black background on input field

Philip Weiss
I get it with Ambience and Radiance.  It does not happen for Highcontrast or Paper (theme I downloaded just to test this). But those two themes don't have the input widget changing color at all.

As I don't know a thing about how themes are implemented, I couldn't tell you if it's theme specific from this, or just that it repros on the latter two themes but I can't tell due to their color choices.

Phil.

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 12:24 AM, jerome <[hidden email]> wrote:
May be related to a fallback on interface?

When the focus is on the Date field, I get:

gramps/gui/grampsgui.py:339: Warning: g_value_get_int: assertion 'G_VALUE_HOLDS_INT (value)' failed
  Gtk.main()

 À: "Sam Manzi" <[hidden email]>, "Philip Weiss" <[hidden email]>, "jerome" <[hidden email]>
 Cc: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Samedi 23 avril 2016, 9h07

 There is a bug with "Elementary" gtk
 theme.

 I cannot reproduce it with "Adwaita" theme.

Re: Black background on input field

genealogie@molvis.nl
Same problem here for more than months. Working well, but quite irritating.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Kees Mollema
Raadhuisplein 356
9203ED Drachten
Tel.: 0512-541564

Voorbehoud
Deze e-mail is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Wilt u zo vriendelijk zijn om direct contact op te nemen met de verzender als deze e-mail bij vergissing bij u terecht is gekomen? Aan de inhoud van het bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend, tenzij dit expliciet in het bericht is verwoord.

Op 23-04-16 om 09:35 schreef Philip Weiss:
I get it with Ambience and Radiance.  It does not happen for Highcontrast or Paper (theme I downloaded just to test this). But those two themes don't have the input widget changing color at all.

As I don't know a thing about how themes are implemented, I couldn't tell you if it's theme specific from this, or just that it repros on the latter two themes but I can't tell due to their color choices.

Phil.

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 12:24 AM, jerome <[hidden email]> wrote:
May be related to a fallback on interface?

When the focus is on the Date field, I get:

gramps/gui/grampsgui.py:339: Warning: g_value_get_int: assertion 'G_VALUE_HOLDS_INT (value)' failed
  Gtk.main()

 À: "Sam Manzi" <[hidden email]>, "Philip Weiss" <[hidden email]>, "jerome" <[hidden email]>
 Cc: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Samedi 23 avril 2016, 9h07

 There is a bug with "Elementary" gtk
 theme.

 I cannot reproduce it with "Adwaita" theme.

Re: Black background on input field

There is a relation with the validated mask (red layer) because the black background
only raises after more than 2 digit (e.g., day) or with custom separators.
    i.e. when gramps is checking if date is valid.

It seems that by raising the red background layer we are also displaying the black one,
above (and just after) the red one!

Yes, it seems that others theme are only ignoring the custom red layer.
So, this does not mean that something is fixed on alternate themes.

 Objet: Re: [Gramps-users] Black background on input field
 À: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Lundi 25 avril 2016, 11h34

           wrote:

           May be
             related to a fallback on interface?

             When the focus is on the Date field, I get:

             gramps/gui/grampsgui.py:339: Warning:
 g_value_get_int:
             assertion 'G_VALUE_HOLDS_INT (value)'
 failed

               Gtk.main()

             En date de : Sam 23.4.16, jerome <[hidden email]>
             a écrit :

              Objet: [Gramps-users] Black background on
 input field

              À: "Sam Manzi" <[hidden email]>,