Building Gramps 5.0.0 AIO

Semperor Anonymous
Hi @ all.

After some shell'ing I'm almost on target to run Gramps from the sources in Win10 64bit. This is the first of two steps to build the AIO package.

The instructions in the wiki are sometimes a little bit twisted. However, with appropriate prior experience you get everything into the right order. Only the Oracle Berkeley DB is a little bit bitchy. According to the instructions in the wiki you have to build the 6.0.30 by hand, cause MSYS2 uses 6.0.19. But as soon as I try to build the package, this error occurs:

Error: Could not perform the operation (conflicting files)
mingw-w64-x86_64-db: /mingw64/share/doc/db/csharp/styles/Presentation.css exists in the file system
Errors have occurred, no packages have been updated.

I can "fix" this with -f (that's the "just do what I say, you piece of code" parameter) but the result is the same. No matter what I try, if I run gramps with -v I always see that:

#############################
Databases:
-------------------------
  bsddb:
      version: not found
      db version: not found
      location: not found
  sqlite3:
      version: 3.24.0
      py version: 2.6.0
      location: C: /msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.7 \ sqlite3 \ __ init__.py
############################

Here is what if done so far (and changed): https://pastebin.com/MgZE33Z9

Any ides? Maybe Josip or Paul Culle can tell me some words about that...

Kind regards from Germany.
Hagen

Re: Building Gramps 5.0.0 AIO

Josip
28.7.2018. u 20:49, Semperor Anonymous je napisao/la:

> Hi @ all.
>
> After some shell'ing I'm almost on target to run Gramps from the sources
> in Win10 64bit. This is the first of two steps to build the AIO package.
>
> The instructions in the wiki are sometimes a little bit twisted.
> However, with appropriate prior experience you get everything into the
> right order. Only the Oracle Berkeley DB is a little bit bitchy.
> According to the instructions in the wiki you have to build the 6.0.30
> by hand, cause MSYS2 uses 6.0.19. But as soon as I try to build the
> package, this error occurs:
>
> Error: Could not perform the operation (conflicting files)
> mingw-w64-x86_64-db:
> /mingw64/share/doc/db/csharp/styles/Presentation.css exists in the file
> system
> Errors have occurred, no packages have been updated.
>
> I can "fix" this with -f (that's the "just do what I say, you piece of
> code" parameter) but the result is the same. No matter what I try, if I
> run gramps with -v I always see that:
>
> #############################
> Databases:
> -------------------------
>    bsddb:
>        version: not found
>        db version: not found
>        location: not found
>    sqlite3:
>        version: 3.24.0
>        py version: 2.6.0
>        location: C: /msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.7 \ sqlite3 \ __ init__.py
> ############################
>
> Here is what if done so far (and changed): https://pastebin.com/MgZE33Z9
>
> Any ides? Maybe Josip or Paul Culle can tell me some words about that...
>

> Kind regards from Germany.
> Hagen

"Errors have occurred, no packages have been updated" looks like upgrade
not build error.
If it is indeed upgrade error then use force switch to overwrite
existing files:
   pacman -U --force

p.s.
didn't follow gramps development lately so miss release, will try to
make aio package tonight.