Can't import xml

Piotr Czubaszek-2
During import of GRAMPS xml under current GRAMPS 3.0 version (on
Windows) I get a file reading error: "[Errno 9] Bad file descriptor".
This happens irregardless of whether the file was written using GRAMPS
2.2.x or 3.0.

GRAMPS 2.2.9 works correctly with all of the files.

Piotrek

Re: Can't import xml

Brian Matherly
Piotr,

I don't have this problem. I am able to import both of the data.gramps and example.gramps test databases.

I'm using WindowsXP.

I wish I had some advice for you, but I'm not sure what you should try. Could it be a filesystem issue?

~Brian

Re: Can't import xml

Piotr Czubaszek-2
Brian,

I don't know what kind of issue it could be. I just download my xml
file to my parents' computer and that's what happened :( I used to do
this many times before so I was quite surprised to get this error.
I'll investigate into it at my own computer to see if it's an issue of
machine.

Piotrek

On 11/4/07, Brian Matherly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Piotr,
>
> I don't have this problem. I am able to import both of the data.gramps and example.gramps test databases.
>
> I'm using WindowsXP.
>
> I wish I had some advice for you, but I'm not sure what you should try. Could it be a filesystem issue?
>
> ~Brian

Re: Can't import xml

Piotr Czubaszek-2
Brian,

I must have had some error in my GRAMPS folder, because when I did a
new chceckout everything works fine again. Thanks for help anyway :)