Quantcast

Can the category/expander/drop-down choice be made to stick between two sessions.

Can the category/expander/drop-down choice be made to stick between two sessions.

John W. Kitz-3
Hi,

Just another quick question; Can the category/expander/drop-down choice
(bottom left-hand corner) be made to stick between two Gramps sessions?

If yes, how?

Jk.

Re: Can the category/expander/drop-down choice be made to stick between two sessions.

Dave Scheipers
Hi john

This was one of my pet peeves too. But I figured away to do it.

From the menu bar
>> Help >> Plugin Manager

This calls up a list of all the added plugins

At the bottom of the list there are the three sidebar options

Hide the two you don't use so the only one available will be the one you want.

Glad to help, Dave

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 11:44 AM, John W. Kitz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Just another quick question; Can the category/expander/drop-down choice
(bottom left-hand corner) be made to stick between two Gramps sessions?

If yes, how?

Jk.

Re: Can the category/expander/drop-down choice be made to stick between two sessions.

John W. Kitz-3
Dave,

On 2017-03-25 17:08, Dave Scheipers wrote:

> Hi john
>
> This was one of my pet peeves too. But I figured away to do it.
>
> From the menu bar
>>> Help >> Plugin Manager
>
> This calls up a list of all the added plugins
>
> At the bottom of the list there are the three sidebar options
>
> Hide the two you don't use so the only one available will be the one
> you want.

Cool, couldn't have been easier to configure, that is if you know were
to find the controls to do so. Seems to me it would have been more
intuitive if this some how would have been part of the preference
settings, but that's probably just me.

> Glad to help, Dave

That's two times in a row, thanks again, Jk.

Re: Can the category/expander/drop-down choice be made to stick between two sessions.

Dave Scheipers
And now that you have found the add-on hide feature, what else needs hiding before (or after you've already) used it?

Mine were...
Sort Events. Now I have undated burials before births. Don't want to do THAT again.
Merge Citations. Don't even want to consider doing that.

I can't help writing code... I'd never get done what needs to happen on my files... but I can help with what I've found helpful. Dave

Dave,

Hi john