Cause of death correct field?

Snen
Hi,
Is Gramps using this correctly? I'm trying to list death causes with
Genealogy Reporter, but seems that Gramps is not using CAUS field no matter
what I try.
Seems that it uses TYPE and EVEN fields.

Re: Cause of death correct field?

Dave Scheipers
Hi Snen

There is a Cause Of Death event type that exports as CAUS in GEDCOM.
The Description field exports as TYPE which is where I assume one
would put the details

Since cause of death is not actually an event, the natural tendency is
to put it as an Attribute on the death event record (this is what I
do) or as a note.

Hope this helps, Dave