Census edit gramplet

diannereuby
Just downloaded some 1901 and 1911 census forms while Ancestry UK had
free access for Easter, now I've decided to use the Census Gramplet to
enter the data - I haven't used it before.

I've done one family - but I went to each individual in Person view, and
entered their data on the gramplet.

Should I have entered the data for the whole family using the gramplet
just on the head of household? - the tutorial shows several people
entered on the gramplet.

Thanks,
Dianne

Re: Census edit gramplet

Brad Rogers
On Thu, 04 Apr 2013 11:22:35 +0100
Dianne Reuby <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Dianne,

>Should I have entered the data for the whole family using the gramplet
>just on the head of household? - the tutorial shows several people

Add them all without changing selected person in 'People' view.  The
gramplet is designed to allow that.  In fact, if you change the selected
person, you end up creating another census event, which defeats the
purpose of the Census gramplet, which is to share the one census event
between all the people enumerated at the address.

BTW, it doesn't matter which person is selected, as long as they were
enumerated at that address.  They can be reordered, if necessary, within
the gramplet.

--
 Regards  _
It's only the children of the ------- wealthy tend to be good looking