Changing person event type crashes gramps

Changing person event type crashes gramps

Mark Scott
Hi

I hope somebody can help me.

I'm using GrampsAIO64-4.2.4-1 with Windows 10, it's been fine for over
a year. Today, it's been crashing out to Windows every time I try to
add a new person event, or more specifically when I do this then try
to change the default event type from e.g. "Death" to something else.
It crashes the moment I touch the downward scroll arrow on the drop
down slot. When I go back in to gramps I have to break the lock to get
back in. I've tried using the repair tools but it keeps happening.

What can I do?

Many thanks

Mark Scott

Re: Changing person event type crashes gramps

manzi.sam
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Changing person event type crashes gramps

Nigel F
Hi

I have been suffering this problem in recent weeks. I decided to do a clean OS install (Win 7 SP1) to make sure that was not at fault, and I tried a clean install of GrampsAIO-4.2.4-3_win64 first, and then I tried GrampsAIO-4.2.4-1_win32.

Although both worked correctly for a day or two, both developed the same totally repeatable behaviour of crashing when you touch the event type drop down-button on the event reference editor window. The 64 bit release also exhibited some strange UI behaviour when using drag and drop to and from the clipboard (with dragged item summary and the cursor disappearing), though so far the 32-bit install has not done the same.

I think I am using the releases that state that the problem is fixed, but this does not seem to be the case for me.

Any help gratefully received.

Regards - Nigel

.