Changing surnames?

Sarolite
Is there a way to change a person's surname? Every time I try to do so, GRAMPS crashes. I'd like to change a few blank names to maiden names that I found without having to re-create the people...

I'm running GRAMPS 2.0.11-2 on Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake).

Thanks.

-Sarolite

Re: Changing surnames?

Gerald Britton-2
Next time, launch gramps from a terminal window, create the error,
then send the resulting traceback to the list.  This is an  unusual
bug for a common function.

On 10/20/06, Sarolite <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to change a person's surname? Every time I try to do so,
> GRAMPS crashes. I'd like to change a few blank names to maiden names that I
> found without having to re-create the people...
>
> I'm running GRAMPS 2.0.11-2 on Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake).
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Sarolite

Re: Changing surnames?

Sarolite
sarolite@laptop:~$ gramps
GTK Accessibility Module initialized
Bonobo accessibility support initialized

** ERROR **: file gailtreeview.c: line 3678 (traverse_cells): assertion failed: (row_path != NULL)
aborting...

Next time, launch gramps from a terminal window, create the error,
then send the resulting traceback to the list.  This is an  unusual
bug for a common function.

On 10/20/06, Sarolite <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to change a person's surname? Every time I try to do so,
> GRAMPS crashes. I'd like to change a few blank names to maiden names that I
> found without having to re-create the people...
>
> I'm running GRAMPS 2.0.11-2 on Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake).
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Sarolite

Re: Changing surnames?

Alex Roitman
On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 15:25 -0700, Sarolite wrote:
> sarolite@laptop:~$ gramps
> GTK Accessibility Module initialized
> Bonobo accessibility support initialized
>
> ** ERROR **: file gailtreeview.c: line 3678 (traverse_cells):
> assertion failed: (row_path != NULL)
> aborting...

If you do not use accessibility support, turn it off
in the GNOME preferences. You will need to log out of your
gnome session for this to take effect.

If you do need accessibility (sight impaired assistance,
movement impaired assistance, etc) then I am afraid you
are out of luck. The pygtk applications seem to have problems
with the accessibility turned on. This is beyond the control
of gramps.

Alex

Re: Changing surnames?

Sarolite
Cheers, Alex, knower of all things! It works now. What group/project/organization is responsible for the error?

--
Alexander Roitman   http://www.gramps-project.org

Re: Changing surnames?

Alex Roitman
On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 16:40 -0700, Sarolite wrote:
> Cheers, Alex, knower of all things! It works now. What
> group/project/organization is responsible for the error?

I don't know. The message came from the gtk library:
gailtreeview.c file. I would guess treeview module
in gtk?

Alex