Citation drag and drop -> citation editor

Citation drag and drop -> citation editor

Sebastian Schubert
Hi all,

immediately after I drag and drop a citation into the Source Citation
tab of an event, the citation editor with the respective citation opens.
I have virtually never used that citation editor but just pressed ok. Is
there an option to disable the opening of the editor?

In my work flow I add and edit a citation in the Citation view.
Afterwards I drag and drop the citation to wherever appropriate. For me,
there is no need to edit the citation every time.

Thanks for comments
Sebastian

Re: Citation drag and drop -> citation editor

Vladimir Perić
Hi,

I got around this issue by using the clipboard. If you put your
citation there, and then drag-and-drop it where relevant, the edit
window won't pop up.

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 2:00 PM, Sebastian Schubert
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> immediately after I drag and drop a citation into the Source Citation
> tab of an event, the citation editor with the respective citation opens.
> I have virtually never used that citation editor but just pressed ok. Is
> there an option to disable the opening of the editor?
>
> In my work flow I add and edit a citation in the Citation view.
> Afterwards I drag and drop the citation to wherever appropriate. For me,
> there is no need to edit the citation every time.
>
> Thanks for comments
> Sebastian

Vladimir Perić

Re: Citation drag and drop -> citation editor

enno
Hi Vladimir,
> I got around this issue by using the clipboard. If you put your
> citation there, and then drag-and-drop it where relevant, the edit
> window won't pop up.
Can you define "where relevant"? When I drag a citation from the
clipboard to the citation tab of an event, I still see that editor.

thanks,

Re: Citation drag and drop -> citation editor

Vladimir Perić
Hi Enno,

I was trying to say the "source citations tab". However I just checked
and I was wrong, the editor still pops up. I must have misremembered.

Perhaps someone could make a feature request on the bug tracker for this?

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Enno Borgsteede <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Vladimir,
>> I got around this issue by using the clipboard. If you put your
>> citation there, and then drag-and-drop it where relevant, the edit
>> window won't pop up.
> Can you define "where relevant"? When I drag a citation from the
> clipboard to the citation tab of an event, I still see that editor.
>
> thanks,
>
> Enno

Vladimir Perić

Re: Citation drag and drop -> citation editor

enno
Hi Vladimir,
> I was trying to say the "source citations tab". However I just checked
> and I was wrong, the editor still pops up. I must have misremembered.
>
> Perhaps someone could make a feature request on the bug tracker for this?
Yes. Can you?

https://gramps-project.org/bugs/my_view_page.php