Quantcast

Citations for parents on CIR

Jamison Roberts
I ran a complete individual report to see what the output was like, and the references for parents are missing.  You can see here:

Perhaps I am not adding citations right.  How do you add citations for parentage?  I have added citations at the family level and figured that would be enough.   Or perhaps there is an issue with CIR in that it isn't set up to display family citations?

Thanks,
-Jamison

Re: Citations for parents on CIR

Paul Franklin-5
On 2/27/17, Jamison Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I ran a complete individual report to see what the output was like, and the
> references for parents are missing.  You can see here:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/UZD20hq.png
>
> Perhaps I am not adding citations right.  How do you add citations for
> parentage?  I have added citations at the family level and figured that
> would be enough.   Or perhaps there is an issue with CIR in that it isn't
> set up to display family citations?

I don't use citations myself so I'll let somebody else answer.

Does the Family Group Report do what you want?

Re: Citations for parents on CIR

Jamison Roberts
No, the family group report is more of a summary from what I can see, and I just want, well, a complete individual report :)

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 8:25 PM, Paul Franklin <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 2/27/17, Jamison Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I ran a complete individual report to see what the output was like, and the
> references for parents are missing.  You can see here:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/UZD20hq.png
>
> Perhaps I am not adding citations right.  How do you add citations for
> parentage?  I have added citations at the family level and figured that
> would be enough.   Or perhaps there is an issue with CIR in that it isn't
> set up to display family citations?

I don't use citations myself so I'll let somebody else answer.

Does the Family Group Report do what you want?

Re: Citations for parents on CIR

Dave Scheipers
Hi Jamison,

Your post caused me to question it so I went looking and found this...

Edit the family, under the Children Tab, clicking on a child to edit the child's relationship to the parents, (stepchild, adopted, etc.) there is a citation tab. I assume this is what and where you are looking for.

I just dropped my birth certificate citation here and then ran Complete Individual.... the citation does not show up.

Maybe you might want to submit a feature request.

Dave

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 8:31 PM, Jamison Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
No, the family group report is more of a summary from what I can see, and I just want, well, a complete individual report :)

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 8:25 PM, Paul Franklin <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 2/27/17, Jamison Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I ran a complete individual report to see what the output was like, and the
> references for parents are missing.  You can see here:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/UZD20hq.png
>
> Perhaps I am not adding citations right.  How do you add citations for
> parentage?  I have added citations at the family level and figured that
> would be enough.   Or perhaps there is an issue with CIR in that it isn't
> set up to display family citations?

I don't use citations myself so I'll let somebody else answer.

Does the Family Group Report do what you want?

Re: Citations for parents on CIR

Here's what a CIR for one of my ancestors looks like: http://www.johnsongenealogy.us/I00027_indiv_complete.html

I don't add a "this is his parent" or "this is his son" citation.  It's almost always shared citations on Events (Birth, Baptism, Census, Death, etc).  Only when, for example, the person's existence is mentioned in an obituary (but no age, location of birth or residence, etc) do I add a citation to the Person.

Changing subject... why are all those people listed in the Marriage section?

On 02/27/2017 07:12 PM, Jamison Roberts wrote:
I ran a complete individual report to see what the output was like, and the references for parents are missing.  You can see here:

Perhaps I am not adding citations right.  How do you add citations for parentage?  I have added citations at the family level and figured that would be enough.   Or perhaps there is an issue with CIR in that it isn't set up to display family citations?

Re: Citations for parents on CIR

Jamison Roberts
It's just unstyled.  They are in the "Children" section.  The heading is middle aligned.

I guess if I can cite the name and birthdate, then citing who the parents are would make sense.  But maybe not.  Still getting a feel of managing all the information myself in Gramps.