Civil and other Honours

Boris M Struk

I have several family members in receipt of civil and society awards and national recognitions.

There is no Event Type equivalent so I am seeking input and advice on the best way to record this.

Thanks.

Boris
______________________

Re: Civil and other Honours

Nick Hall
On 17/05/15 11:02, Boris M Struk wrote:
I have several family members in receipt of civil and society awards and national recognitions.

There is no Event Type equivalent so I am seeking input and advice on the best way to record this.

Create a custom event type called "Award".

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Custom_Event_Types

Re: Civil and other Honours

Boris M Struk
Thanks Nick, I have seen this page, but I can't see "the wood for the trees" - despite looking I can't figure out where / how to set up a custom event in the "Event Reference Editor" - should this be done elsewhere???

On 17 May 2015 at 11:56, Nick Hall wrote:

On 17/05/15 11:02, Boris M Struk wrote:
I have several family members in receipt of civil and society awards and national recognitions.

There is no Event Type equivalent so I am seeking input and advice on the best way to record this.

Create a custom event type called "Award".

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Custom_Event_Types

Nick.

Boris
______________________

Re: Civil and other Honours

Nick Hall
Instead of selecting an event type from the drop-down list, just enter your custom event type into the entry box.  The custom event type will then appear in the drop-down list for future entries.

Nick.

On 17/05/15 14:18, Boris M Struk wrote:
Thanks Nick, I have seen this page, but I can't see "the wood for the trees" - despite looking I can't figure out where / how to set up a custom event in the "Event Reference Editor" - should this be done elsewhere???

Re: Civil and other Honours

Boris M Struk
OK, I tried that originally but was put off by the warning beeps when entering each letter (not so user friendly in that respect) and had incorrectly assumed they were warning beeps to get out of there and therefore never continued to press the "OK" .

All good now and it does what I was seeking to do.

Thanks for your clarification.

Boris

On 17 May 2015 at 14:40, Nick Hall wrote:

Instead of selecting an event type from the drop-down list, just enter your custom event type into the entry box.  The custom event type will then appear in the drop-down list for future entries.

Nick.

On 17/05/15 14:18, Boris M Struk wrote:
Thanks Nick, I have seen this page, but I can't see "the wood for the trees" - despite looking I can't figure out where / how to set up a custom event in the "Event Reference Editor" - should this be done elsewhere???

Boris
______________________

Re: Civil and other Honours

Note, is there any difference between Award and Distinction?

 Objet: Re: [Gramps-users] Civil and other Honours
 À: [hidden email]
 Date: Dimanche 17 mai 2015, 12h56

     On 17/05/15 11:02,
 Boris M Struk wrote:

       I have several family
 members in
             receipt of civil and society awards and national
             recognitions.

       There is no Event
 Type equivalent so
             I am seeking input and advice on the best way to
 record
             this.

     Create a custom event type called "Award".

     https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Custom_Event_Types

     Nick.

 -----La pièce jointe associée suit-----

 One dashboard for servers and applications
 across Physical-Virtual-Cloud
 Widest
 out-of-the-box monitoring support with 50+ applications
 Performance metrics, stats and reports that
 give you Actionable Insights
 Deep dive
 visibility with transaction tracing using APM Insight.
 http://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/290420510;117567292;y
 -----La pièce jointe associée suit-----