Quantcast

Clean install- list of extras

Peter Merchant
Hi, I have just done a clean install on a new Kubuntu computer of
python3-gramps  5.2.5.

It immediately told me that I didn't have certain things installed. I
have had to load a gir1.2 something, and now need gir1.2-gexiv. There's
osm_gsm_maps(?)  I have to find as well. And Graphview.

I have been into preferences and loaded all the missing add-ons, but I
still get prompted for things.

Is there a list or a batch file that tells people what they need to add?
I cannot find anything in the Wiki about this.

Cheers,

Peter M.

Re: Clean install- list of extras

Philippe Couka
Hi

I think you should get

gir1.2-osmgpsmap-1.0
graphviz
python-pygoocanvas

and suggested packages coming with them

Best regards

Philippe Couka

Hi, I have just done a clean install on a new Kubuntu computer of
python3-gramps  5.2.5.

It immediately told me that I didn't have certain things installed. I
have had to load a gir1.2 something, and now need gir1.2-gexiv. There's
osm_gsm_maps(?)  I have to find as well. And Graphview.

I have been into preferences and loaded all the missing add-ons, but I
still get prompted for things.

Is there a list or a batch file that tells people what they need to add?
I cannot find anything in the Wiki about this.

Cheers,

Peter M.

Re: Clean install- list of extras

Peter Merchant
Thanks Philippe,

It would be nice if these items were noted in the installation instructions in the wiki, though maybe they are different for different OS's.

P.

On 05/04/17 17:32, Philippe Couka wrote:
[...]

Ross Gammon

These dependencies are all optional, and you could just click the "Do not show this dialog again" checkbox and the messages will go away.

But if you need the extra functionality they provide, I am afraid that if you installed Gramps using the .deb file from the Gramps website, you will need to install the dependencies manually. This is because that packaging system is unaware of the manually installed .deb file. You can see what the dependencies are (and what they are called) by running "dpkg -s python(3)-gramps" from the terminal. They are listed under Suggests: & Recommends:.

Alternatively, running "apt-get --install-suggests install gramps" in the terminal will install everything for you. But it will probably be a slightly older version of gramps. If you want to install the latest gramps package in your distribution (even though it is only in one of the development releases - not an official release), there are ways to do it. Search for Apt Pinning on the internet.

Cheers,

Ross