Clipboard

Elvin Birth
The Clipboard is ideal for copying a US Census Event and the event Citation to persons that were enumerated on the census sheet.

But if the Volume/Page field shows Line number, as it should, all Citations copied from the Clipboard will show the same Line number - which is incorrect. The person shown in the Citation Reference tab is also incorrect. It is a shared Citation where I need a new, editable Citation.

Is there a way to create a new, editable Citation from the contents of a Clipboard field?

Regards, Elvin Birth

GRAMPS: 5.0.0
Python: 3.6.4 (default, May 22 2018, 10:48:43) [...
BSDDB: 6.2.4 (4, 8, 30)
sqlite: 3.24.0 (2.6.0)
LANG: en_US.UTF-8
OS: Darwin

Re: Clipboard

Dave Scheipers
Hi Elvin

The scenario you describe is best used when the citation is at the
Family level. The same citation for all family members.

I do the individual event with unique citation for each individual
when the underlying source gives individual line numbers.

I create the first event and citation for the head of family. I copy
all the various components to the clipboard; event date, location,
source, citation date, gallery item, and for the Volume/Page field,
the same text to be used ending with "Line:". Then it just becomes a
process of creating each individual's event and citation taking the
items from the clipboard to complete the process. When I copy text to
the V/P field it is just a matter of adding their line number.

Having individualized citations does require that each person have
their own event. A shared event can only have a shared citation.

HTH, Dave