Columns Empty in Source and Place Views

Jean Johnson
I am running Debian and GRAMPS 2.0.5-1

The columns in places view and sources view have no data filled in
except for the ID number.
The columns that are checked using the columns editor dialog are
displayed but empty.

Using Check and Repair Database I get a message-

GRAMPS has encountered an internal error.
Please copy the message below and post a bug report
at http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps or send an
email message to [hidden email]

GRAMPS : 2.0.5-1
Python : 2.3.5 final
GTK : 2.6.8
PyGTK : 2.6.2
OS : Debian testing/unstable

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/share/gramps/plugins/Check.py", line 85, in runTool
   checker.check_source_references()
 File "/usr/share/gramps/plugins/Check.py", line 532, in
check_source_references
   cursor = self.db.get_event_cursor()
AttributeError: 'GrampsXMLDB' object has no attribute 'get_event_cursor'

I have been using GRAMPS 2.0.5 for some time without any problems and
now suddenly this. It was fine earlier today but not so good only
minutes after using the program tonight. I am trying to remember what
event I was working with.
Should I upgrade to 2.0.8 or what?

Jean Johnson

Re: Columns Empty in Source and Place Views

Don Allingham
Please upgrade to 2.0.8. This problem is fixed in this version. It
should be available in the debian repositories, so an:

$ apt-get update
$ apt-get upgrade

should upgrade you to 2.0.8.

Don

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 23:00 -0400, Jean Johnson wrote:

> I am running Debian and GRAMPS 2.0.5-1
>
> The columns in places view and sources view have no data filled in
> except for the ID number.
> The columns that are checked using the columns editor dialog are
> displayed but empty.
>
> Using Check and Repair Database I get a message-
>
> GRAMPS has encountered an internal error.
> Please copy the message below and post a bug report
> at http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps or send an
> email message to [hidden email]
>
> GRAMPS : 2.0.5-1
> Python : 2.3.5 final
> GTK : 2.6.8
> PyGTK : 2.6.2
> OS : Debian testing/unstable
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/share/gramps/plugins/Check.py", line 85, in runTool
>    checker.check_source_references()
>  File "/usr/share/gramps/plugins/Check.py", line 532, in
> check_source_references
>    cursor = self.db.get_event_cursor()
> AttributeError: 'GrampsXMLDB' object has no attribute 'get_event_cursor'
>
> I have been using GRAMPS 2.0.5 for some time without any problems and
> now suddenly this. It was fine earlier today but not so good only
> minutes after using the program tonight. I am trying to remember what
> event I was working with.
> Should I upgrade to 2.0.8 or what?
>
> Jean Johnson

Don Allingham <[hidden email]>