Complete Individual Report - Source Images

Complete Individual Report - Source Images

Keith Jacobs
I have recently added 12 images, of military service, to the Source
Gallery of an event to an individuals record. I now wish to print them
so that I could read the details contained in the images and perhaps
make further entries, notes, etc.

So I opened the Reports menu and selected Complete Individuals Report
from the Text Report Menu. In the report "Include Tab" I selected
"Include Source Information" and "Include Photo/Images from Gallery" and
in the "Sections Tab" every option was selected.

But I was very disappointed as the resultant report did not include the
images I wanted to read.

Can anyone advise how these images can be included in this report.

--
Regards
Keith Jacobs

Re: Complete Individual Report - Source Images

prculley
As you have noted the "Complete Individuals Report" does not include images of anything but the persons gallery.  Not citations, Families or Source Galleries.  In fact I am not aware of any report that does include these images.

However, when I want a more complete report, I use the "Narrated Web site" to generate a set of html pages of the whole family tree.  There is an individual page for each person that is a bit more complete.  You can use a modern word processor to open that page and save or print it to another format.  I know that images from the Citations are included, I'm less certain if the images from Sources are included.  I don't think I've ever added an image to a source.

Paul C.

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Keith Jacobs <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have recently added 12 images, of military service, to the Source Gallery of an event to an individuals record. I now wish to print them so that I could read the details contained in the images and perhaps make further entries, notes, etc.

So I opened the Reports menu and selected Complete Individuals Report from the Text Report Menu. In the report "Include Tab" I selected "Include Source Information" and "Include Photo/Images from Gallery" and in the "Sections Tab" every option was selected.

But I was very disappointed as the resultant report did not include the images I wanted to read.

Can anyone advise how these images can be included in this report.

--
Regards
Keith Jacobs

Re: Complete Individual Report - Source Images

Dave Scheipers
I too use the Narrated web site to send to other people because it
does include all the media attached to a person at any level.

Images attached to an event get put into the person's gallery.

Images attached to citations are "linked" to the citation on the person's page.
Images attached to Sources are linked to that page.

I use the Basic-Ash StyleSheet. Do not know if other styles handle it
differently.

I often attach a media file to a source. If I have a book as a PDF,
that gets added to the source record. If I'm using individual page
images of a book at the citation level, I'll put the Title page image
in the source's gallery.

Dave

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Paul Culley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As you have noted the "Complete Individuals Report" does not include images
> of anything but the persons gallery.  Not citations, Families or Source
> Galleries.  In fact I am not aware of any report that does include these
> images.
>
> However, when I want a more complete report, I use the "Narrated Web site"
> to generate a set of html pages of the whole family tree.  There is an
> individual page for each person that is a bit more complete.  You can use a
> modern word processor to open that page and save or print it to another
> format.  I know that images from the Citations are included, I'm less
> certain if the images from Sources are included.  I don't think I've ever
> added an image to a source.
>
> Paul C.
>
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Keith Jacobs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I have recently added 12 images, of military service, to the Source
>> Gallery of an event to an individuals record. I now wish to print them so
>> that I could read the details contained in the images and perhaps make
>> further entries, notes, etc.
>>
>> So I opened the Reports menu and selected Complete Individuals Report from
>> the Text Report Menu. In the report "Include Tab" I selected "Include Source
>> Information" and "Include Photo/Images from Gallery" and in the "Sections
>> Tab" every option was selected.
>>
>> But I was very disappointed as the resultant report did not include the
>> images I wanted to read.
>>
>> Can anyone advise how these images can be included in this report.
>>

>> --
>> Regards
>> Keith Jacobs

Re: Complete Individual Report - Source Images

Simon C. Tremblay
Hi Jon,

If you can share it on a dropbox/onedrive folder, I would be interested in it too.

Regards

Simon

On 17 October 2017 at 21:14, Jon Schewe <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've created a custom report that includes all of the images. I can send it to you if you'd like.

Re: Complete Individual Report - Source Images

Simon C. Tremblay
I prefer the Dynamic web report.  It includes a lot more info and prints nicer.  Also, it's a lot faster to generate than Narweb.

One thing to note though is if you want a clean print like I linked above, you have to change a parameter in the css of the generated site so the URI of the images are not printed

...\<dynwebsite-name>\data\bootstrap\dist\css\bootstrap.min.css

In there, replace
     after{content:" (" attr(href) ")"}
with
     after{content: none !important}

I does prevent the links from being printed.  My webdesign knowledge is limited, so I just hope I did not break anything.

Regards

Simon

On 17 October 2017 at 18:37, Dave Scheipers <[hidden email]> wrote:
I too use the Narrated web site to send to other people because it
does include all the media attached to a person at any level.

Images attached to an event get put into the person's gallery.

Images attached to citations are "linked" to the citation on the person's page.
Images attached to Sources are linked to that page.

I use the Basic-Ash StyleSheet. Do not know if other styles handle it
differently.

I often attach a media file to a source. If I have a book as a PDF,
that gets added to the source record. If I'm using individual page
images of a book at the citation level, I'll put the Title page image
in the source's gallery.

Dave

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Paul Culley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> As you have noted the "Complete Individuals Report" does not include images
> of anything but the persons gallery.  Not citations, Families or Source
> Galleries.  In fact I am not aware of any report that does include these
> images.
>
> However, when I want a more complete report, I use the "Narrated Web site"
> to generate a set of html pages of the whole family tree.  There is an
> individual page for each person that is a bit more complete.  You can use a
> modern word processor to open that page and save or print it to another
> format.  I know that images from the Citations are included, I'm less
> certain if the images from Sources are included.  I don't think I've ever
> added an image to a source.
>
> Paul C.
>
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Keith Jacobs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I have recently added 12 images, of military service, to the Source
>> Gallery of an event to an individuals record. I now wish to print them so
>> that I could read the details contained in the images and perhaps make
>> further entries, notes, etc.
>>
>> So I opened the Reports menu and selected Complete Individuals Report from
>> the Text Report Menu. In the report "Include Tab" I selected "Include Source
>> Information" and "Include Photo/Images from Gallery" and in the "Sections
>> Tab" every option was selected.
>>
>> But I was very disappointed as the resultant report did not include the
>> images I wanted to read.
>>
>> Can anyone advise how these images can be included in this report.
>>

>> --
>> Regards
>> Keith Jacobs

Re: Complete Individual Report - Source Images

rider
Thanks Jon, this is a nice report to share with family.