Connecting people to media

Arie Pool
I have a lot of photos and scanned documents. I connect then to a person bij opening the persons record and searching for the photo/document.
Is it possible to do it the other way round? Opening the media object, looking at the photo and connect the persons I recognize to the photo. It would be much easier for me to do it that way.

Arie

Virusvrij. www.avg.com

Re: Connecting people to media

prculley
I think you want to try out the Photo Tagging Gramplet.  You can mark a box around a face, or the whole photo, and right-click to Select among persons you already have entered, or Add a new person.  Some other features as well.

You can install via the "Edit/Preferences/Check for updated addons now".  https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=5.0_Addons#Installing_Addons_in_Gramps
I note that the web page doesn't mention that Gramplet, but it is there and I think it will do what you want.

Paul C.

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 6:30 AM, Arie Pool <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have a lot of photos and scanned documents. I connect then to a person bij opening the persons record and searching for the photo/document.
Is it possible to do it the other way round? Opening the media object, looking at the photo and connect the persons I recognize to the photo. It would be much easier for me to do it that way.

Arie

Virusvrij. www.avg.com

Re: Connecting people to media

Arie Pool
Hi Paul,
thank you. I installed the gramplet in de media screen and it seems to do what I want.
I need to experiment a little further to get full control of it.

Arie

,

Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2017 7:05 PM

I think you want to try out the Photo Tagging Gramplet.  You can mark a box around a face, or the whole photo, and right-click to Select among persons you already have entered, or Add a new person.  Some other features as well.
<snip>

You'll find the Photo Tagging gramplet is superb for handling group photos.
Just one caution - you first have to attach the photo to a person before you can use the gramplet.
Trying to use it, starting with an unattached photo, doesn't (or didn't - 4.2.5) work.

Doug

Re: Connecting people to media

Arie Pool
Hi Doug,
I am using Gramps 4.2.6 on Windows 10. I added the gramplet to the Media screen. When I select a photo, the photo appears in the gramplet, and I can select a part of the photo, or the whole photo and connect a person to it. Even when there were no persons connected to the photo.

It is a bit slow, but it is perfect for my target to connect all the old photos I uploaded into Gramps to the relevant family members.

Arie

On 12/11/17 11:58, Arie Pool wrote:

> Hi Doug,
> I am using Gramps 4.2.6 on Windows 10. I added the gramplet
> to the Media screen. When I select a photo, the photo
> appears in the gramplet, and I can select a part of the
> photo, or the whole photo and connect a person to it. Even
> when there were no persons connected to the photo.
> It is a bit slow, but it is perfect for my target to connect
> all the old photos I uploaded into Gramps to the relevant
> family members.
> Arie

<snip>
Excellent! I'm glad to hear it. That used to be a bit of a
nuisance.
Thanks, Arie, for letting me know.

Doug