Contextual information

grampsgenealogist
Do Gramps users have a preferred way of including text which
provides contextual information rather than information about the
person directly. The narrated web site can be much richer if (for
instance) information is provided about an army battalion.
Currently, I have the following text in a source text note
associated with military service:

26th (Service) Battalion (Bankers)
Formed in London on 17 July 1915 by the Lord Mayor and City of London,
composed in the main of former bank clerks and accountants.
November 1915 : came under command of 124th Brigade, 41st Division.
Landed in France on 4 May 1916."
Moved with the Division to Italy in November 1917 but returned to
France March 1918."
Baker, Chris, Royal Fusiliers (City of London) Regiment in The long,
long trail: the British Army in the Great War of 1914-1918
Available at:
http://www.longlongtrail.co.uk/army/regiments-and-corps/the-british-infantry-regiments-of-1914-1918/royal-fusiliers-city-of-london-regiment/
[viewed 13 June 2017]

Re: Contextual information

Nick Hall
On 13/07/17 09:41, Gramps genealogist wrote:

> Do Gramps users have a preferred way of including text which
> provides contextual information rather than information about the
> person directly. The narrated web site can be much richer if (for
> instance) information is provided about an army battalion.
> Currently, I have the following text in a source text note
> associated with military service:
>
> 26th (Service) Battalion (Bankers)
> Formed in London on 17 July 1915 by the Lord Mayor and City of London,
> composed in the main of former bank clerks and accountants.
> November 1915 : came under command of 124th Brigade, 41st Division.
> Landed in France on 4 May 1916."
> Moved with the Division to Italy in November 1917 but returned to
> France March 1918."
> Baker, Chris, Royal Fusiliers (City of London) Regiment in The long,
> long trail: the British Army in the Great War of 1914-1918
> Available at:
> http://www.longlongtrail.co.uk/army/regiments-and-corps/the-british-infantry-regiments-of-1914-1918/royal-fusiliers-city-of-london-regiment/
> [viewed 13 June 2017]

What we really need is the concept of a Group.  This could have people
as members and its own events, notes and gallery.

However, lacking that, I would suggest creating a citation with a note.
This could be attached one or more military service events.

Re: Contextual information

grampsgenealogist
That's helpful thank you