Corruption to Places data

Martnal
I have just noticed that I have some spurious commas after 3 churches, several towns and a couple of Boroughs and a possibly corrupted entry in my Places data.  Here's a screen shot:

When I try to edit the records with commas, or the '104...' address, I can't see anything wrong.

Any comments please?  I haven't selected 'Suppress comma' in Preferences.

Martin

Martin, SW London

I am using GrampsAIO64-4.2.5-1 on Windows 10.

I am researching surnames Loughborough, (London, Hull and Hartlepool), Watson, (Jarrow and Hartlepool), Ballard and Glassop (E. London), Mowbray, Pounder and Bulmer, (all Hartlepool), Leggett (Middlesborough and elsewhere).

Re: Corruption to Places data

Ron Johnson
Look in the Alternate Names tab, and delete any unneeded entries.

On 05/09/2017 01:21 PM, Martnal wrote:

> I have just noticed that I have some spurious commas after 3 churches,
> several towns and a couple of Boroughs and a possibly corrupted entry in my
> Places data.  Here's a screen shot:
>
> <http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/file/n4679875/Spurious_commas.jpg>
>
> When I try to edit the records with commas, or the '104...' address, I can't
> see anything wrong.
>
> Any comments please?  I haven't selected 'Suppress comma' in Preferences.

I am researching surnames Loughborough, (London, Hull and Hartlepool), Watson, (Jarrow and Hartlepool), Ballard and Glassop (E. London), Mowbray, Pounder and Bulmer, (all Hartlepool), Leggett (Middlesborough and elsewhere).

Re: Corruption to Places data

Nick Hall
On 10/05/17 16:24, Martnal wrote:
> Thanks again Ron.  But how did they get there?  I didn't add them, and many
> of the 'Alternative names' that I just deleted were actually blank lines.
> Very odd.

The empty place names were probably the result of an old bug that has
now been fixed.

Re: Corruption to Places data

Imported from a messy GEDCOM?