Crash in xml export

Jay Treacy
Hello,
A debian user reported the following the debian bug tracking system,
<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=459204>.

> Package: gramps
> Version: 2.2.9-2
> Severity: critical
> Justification: causes serious data loss
>
> after entering data for 2 hours, I made some reports, everything looked
> fine. Then I tried to export the data (to the portable XML format), but
> I got the error:
> 93600: ERROR: gramps.py: line 147: Unhandled exception
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/ViewManager.py", line 492, in quit
>     self.state.db.close()
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_GrampsXMLDB.py", line 76, in close
>     quick_write(self,self.full_name)
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_WriteXML.py", line 111, in quick_write
>     g.write(filename)
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_WriteXML.py", line 178, in write
>     self.write_xml_data()
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_WriteXML.py", line 278, in write_xml_data
>     self.write_family(family,2)
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_WriteXML.py", line 453, in write_family
>     fhandle = family.get_father_handle()
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_father_handle'
>
> I closed, and restarted gramps, but there is a warning that the database is
> corrupt, and old data is missing.

Any ideas?

--
James Treacy

Re: Crash in xml export

Benny Malengier
This is the well known bug in 2.2.9 which caused us to release 2.2.10

So the solution is to open a grdb and import xml data into it for 2.2.9, and wait till a debian package is made for 2.2.10

Benny

2008/1/14, James A. Treacy <[hidden email]>:
Hello,
A debian user reported the following the debian bug tracking system,
<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=459204>.

> Package: gramps

> Version: 2.2.9-2
> Severity: critical
> Justification: causes serious data loss
>
> after entering data for 2 hours, I made some reports, everything looked
> fine. Then I tried to export the data (to the portable XML format), but
> I got the error:
> 93600: ERROR: gramps.py: line 147: Unhandled exception
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/ViewManager.py", line 492, in quit
>     self.state.db.close()
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_GrampsXMLDB.py", line 76, in close
>     quick_write(self,self.full_name)
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_WriteXML.py", line 111, in quick_write
>     g.write(filename)
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_WriteXML.py", line 178, in write
>     self.write_xml_data()
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_WriteXML.py", line 278, in write_xml_data
>     self.write_family(family,2)
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsDb/_WriteXML.py", line 453, in write_family
>     fhandle = family.get_father_handle()
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_father_handle'
>
> I closed, and restarted gramps, but there is a warning that the database is
> corrupt, and old data is missing.

Any ideas?

--
James Treacy

Re: Crash in xml export

Stéphane Charette-2
On Jan 14, 2008 7:39 AM, Benny Malengier <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This is the well known bug in 2.2.9 which caused us to release 2.2.10
>
> So the solution is to open a grdb and import xml data into it for 2.2.9, and
> wait till a debian package is made for 2.2.10

Debian package for 2.2.10 was made available last night just a few
minutes after I sent out the e-mail.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25770&package_id=109309&release_id=568442

Stéphane

Re: Crash in xml export

Jay Treacy
On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 08:16:01AM -0800, St?phane Charette wrote:
> On Jan 14, 2008 7:39 AM, Benny Malengier <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > This is the well known bug in 2.2.9 which caused us to release 2.2.10
> >
> > So the solution is to open a grdb and import xml data into it for 2.2.9, and
> > wait till a debian package is made for 2.2.10
>
> Debian package for 2.2.10 was made available last night just a few
> minutes after I sent out the e-mail.

Even better, I uploaded 2.2.10 earlier today so it is already in the
distribution and you can simply use:
  aptitude update ; aptitude install gramps

--
James Treacy