Custom Attributes

Elvin Birth
Custom attributes that I write do not appear in the drop down list. The cursor in the "Type" field is bold and there is a beep at each keystroke. Am I doing something wrong?
The attributes do appear in the Attributes Editor and in subsequent printed reports.

GRAMPS: 4.2.8
Python: 3.4.3 (default, Jan 18 2018, 13:14:38) [...
BSDDB: 5.3.0 (4, 8, 30)
LANG: en_US.UTF-8
OS: Darwin

Thanks, Elvin Birth

Re: Custom Attributes

Dave Scheipers
Hi Elvin

I have noticed a quirk with custom Attributes. If they are created in
an event, they do not get added to the dropdown list for future ease
of use. If however you added the custom attribute to the person, it
gets added to the dropdown list and can be used everywhere. I used to
add the custom attribute to myself and then save. Go back into my
record and delete it (the attribute doesn't apply to me) but that
create and save added it to the dropdown list for use in events.

If you ever do a clean import from a backup, these custom attributes
will no longer be in the event dropdown list. A quirk not worth filing
a bug report, after all, it is for a custom attribute type.

One new solution I came up with: I have a person record that holds my
'odd ball' records. In this "person's" record, I aggregated all my
custom attributes so I no longer have to recreate them after a clean
import.

HTH Dave

P.S. I just have to ask, and I am sure you have heard it before: Do
you find many 'Birth' records?