Custom event information in reports

Jon Schewe
I tried an interview event to my database. I also added a Guest to a marriage event.

When generating a Detailed Descendant Report I don't see the interview event nor do I see the guest at the marriage event.

Should this information appear in the report? Am I missing something?

Jon

Re: Custom event information in reports

Dave Scheipers
Hi Jon

This is one of the problems with Custom events. Depending on the
report, they do not print as expected. Depending on the reports you
use most often you may want to limit your use of custom entries.

The Detailed Descendant Report has the option to put the events in
complete sentences.(Content Tab in report setup)  Gramps does not know
how to put custom events into a sentence structure. There is however
an "Include Events" option (Include Tab) that includes any other event
in a list format. Not ideal but it is there.

The second issue with custom events, role, attribute, etc.... none of
these will translate if you seek to translate a report or open the
database in other languages. For most users, this is not an issue
because everything is done using one language. But you should be aware
of this should you want to use the multiple language functionality
built into Gramps.

HTH Dave
On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 7:47 PM Jon Schewe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried an interview event to my database. I also added a Guest to a marriage event.
>
> When generating a Detailed Descendant Report I don't see the interview event nor do I see the guest at the marriage event.
>
> Should this information appear in the report? Am I missing something?
>
> Jon
>
> --
> http://mtu.net/~jpschewe

Re: Custom event information in reports

Jon Schewe
I tried unchecking "Use sentences" and checked "Include Events", but didn't see my custom event. Perhaps I need a newer version of Gramps? I'm currently running 4.2.8, it's what comes with my distribution of Linux.

Using the narrated website works well though. When I need to print a book, I probably don't need the interview events, although some of the custom events would be nice.

Thanks for the heads up on the translations.