DNA Links

GRAMPS - User mailing list

Hi All
Largely given up with patrilineal and matrilineal and concentrating on
biological
You have to remember in the UK you can use whatever name you like as
long you do not intend to use that purely for criminal intent.
Going back I have significant numbers of illegitimate children, children
given the fathers surname long after he was dead (again perfectly
legal)5 year pregnancies are always suspicious, and that is not to
mention incest (well potential anyway).

Having done a DNA test I can note matches in various ways, I have
created icons for me(maternal), me(paternal) wife(maternal)
wife(paternal) and suitable tags
However I have as yet not found an effective way of recording the degree
of match with any individual ie 558 cM over 27  segments or 8cM 1
segment (yes that is my highest and lowest)or when I sort on the tag
which gives me a real name how do I jump to the  tree they have on the
internet or see how close a match I am.

Looking for any ideas.

PS Graphview is great use images for a lot of things ie a combined
English/US flag tells me straight away the person was born in England
but moved away, so the ability to turn off Avatars would be welcome

Regards
Phil
MLFHS 12583
Dumfries

Re: DNA Links

prculley
Graphview avatars can be disabled via the "View/Configure" menu when showing the Graphview (or using the corresponding icon in the toolbar).

You may want to think about Attributes for the degree of match; define one or more custom values and then fill in the details.

Paul C.

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 8:51 AM phil wharram via Gramps-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Paul

Thanks had not looked properly only got it on my trial system at the
minute so not spent enough time fiddling

Regards
Phil
MLFHS 12583
Dumfries