Date editor in GRAMPS 3.0

Piotr Czubaszek-2
I can't Date Editor in the recent SVN revisions of GRAMPS because when I try to close its window, no matter if I press OK or Cancel, another empty window with same title "Date selection" appears and the program freezes. On Windows python even crashes. Editing date in event reference window works properly.

I also have one question regarding the new database format in GRAMPS. Are the changes made to the database not saved instantly as they were in version 2.2? I've found it a useful feature of 2.2 because my data wasn't lost even if the program crashed.

Piotrek

Re: Date editor in GRAMPS 3.0

Brian Matherly
Piotrek,

>I can't Date Editor in the recent SVN revisions of GRAMPS because
>when I try to close its window, no matter if I press OK or Cancel,
>another empty window with same title "Date selection" appears and
>the program freezes. On Windows python even crashes. Editing
>date in event reference window works properly.

I see the same problem. Feel free to file an issue on the tracker.

>I also have one question regarding the new database format in
>GRAMPS. Are the changes made to the database not saved
>instantly as they were in version 2.2? I've found it a useful feature
>of 2.2 because my data wasn't lost even if the program crashed.

I'm pretty sure that if you change a value in a dialog and click "ok", it will save the change in the database.

~Brian

Re: Date editor in GRAMPS 3.0

Benny Malengier
It is a track problem I presume. On close the callback is called, but the object is not found to call it from.
I've seen this behavior before, if I could only remember how I solved it ....

Add issue to the tracker to not forget this.

Benny

Piotrek,

Issued under http://bugs.gramps-project.org/view.php?id=1270

> I'm pretty sure that if you change a value in a dialog and click "ok", it
> will save the change in the database.

Well, it will save the change, but since the program freezes, I have
to force close it and as I wrote in my first e-mail opening GRAMPS
after a crash means all changes being lost.

Piotrek