Quantcast

Dates Filter

Alain AUPEIX
When I have persons where I have no date for some event, I have choosen
to set the date to '(Unknown date)' which is not a good date format, but
seems  to be considered as text,

In a personal filter, I ought to exclude these records from the result
of the filter. I haven't find a way to do it, I have just found about
date >, < or equal.

Is there a way to do it, or it it possible to add this filter type on
dates (text or not) ?

A+
Alain Aupeix
http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
http://pissobi-lacassagne.pagesperso-orange.fr/
U.buntu 12.04 | G.ramps 3.5.0-0.SVN20055 | H.arbour 3.2.0dev (Rev 18920)
| HbIDE (Rev.189)

Re: Dates Filter

Benny Malengier

2013/3/25 Alain Aupeix <[hidden email]>
When I have persons where I have no date for some event, I have choosen
to set the date to '(Unknown date)' which is not a good date format, but
seems  to be considered as text,

In a personal filter, I ought to exclude these records from the result
of the filter. I haven't find a way to do it, I have just found about
date >, < or equal.

Is there a way to do it, or it it possible to add this filter type on
dates (text or not) ?

You can search on events with date "(Unknown date)", so create a filter with that as rule.
Then you can invert this selection: Filter editor-> Return values that do not match the filter rules

Then use this as event filter for the people, or combine another person filter with this.

Did not try this myself, but I think it should work :-).

B.

A+
Alain Aupeix
http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
http://pissobi-lacassagne.pagesperso-orange.fr/
U.buntu 12.04 | G.ramps 3.5.0-0.SVN20055 | H.arbour 3.2.0dev (Rev 18920)
| HbIDE (Rev.189)

Re: Dates Filter

Alain AUPEIX
Le 26/03/2013 17:25, Benny Malengier a écrit :

2013/3/25 Alain Aupeix <[hidden email]>
When I have persons where I have no date for some event, I have choosen
to set the date to '(Unknown date)' which is not a good date format, but
seems  to be considered as text,

In a personal filter, I ought to exclude these records from the result
of the filter. I haven't find a way to do it, I have just found about
date >, < or equal.

Is there a way to do it, or it it possible to add this filter type on
dates (text or not) ?

You can search on events with date "(Unknown date)", so create a filter with that as rule.
Then you can invert this selection: Filter editor-> Return values that do not match the filter rules

Then use this as event filter for the people, or combine another person filter with this.

Did not try this myself, but I think it should work :-).
I suppose my explanations weren't clear.

In the event view, I want to exclude all the events where date = (date inconnue), specifying or not the event type (which I can set ...

So, all my test of creating a filter on persons can't be applied to the event view.

Another thing, could it be possible to invert each goal individually in a filter, and also on the visible fields.

For example : Wedding + inverted = Birth + Death

A+
--

Alain Aupeix
http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
http://pissobi-lacassagne.pagesperso-orange.fr/
U.buntu 12.04 | G.ramps 3.5.0-0.SVN20055 | H.arbour 3.2.0dev (Rev 18920) | HbIDE (Rev.189)

Re: Dates Filter

jerome
I am not certain to understand why you set an event type for something
related to something like event's attribute (date). What happen once you
find the date? You need to change the event type?

> is not a good date format, but seems  to be considered as text,

Did you try to sort by date into Event View?

When I try this, I get three types of group, events with:

1. a complete valid date
2. a textual date (cannot be parsed by Date Handler)
3. no date

They are all grouped: sort by date will match and group some types of dates!

There is also the 'non-standard' way...
You know that you can set a markup for textual dates (invalid according
to date handler) by going into Edit menu -> Preferences -> Dates

By default it is the common markup for bold: <b>%s</b>

I suppose to replace '<b>' tag by '<date_inconnue>' tag (for opening and
closing) will do the trick! Then you can easily match by searching or
filtering events via this custom mark on textual dates. The idea is
close to mark via tag, we are using a common key. ;)

You just need to go back to the default tag/markup after playing with them!

Note, it seems that Gramps 4.1 will be able to set tag on all primary
objects (need a database upgrade).

Le 26/03/2013 22:39, Alain Aupeix a écrit :

> Le 26/03/2013 17:25, Benny Malengier a écrit :
>>

>> 2013/3/25 Alain Aupeix <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>
>>     When I have persons where I have no date for some event, I have
>>     choosen
>>     to set the date to '(Unknown date)' which is not a good date
>>     format, but
>>     seems  to be considered as text,
>>
>>     In a personal filter, I ought to exclude these records from the result
>>     of the filter. I haven't find a way to do it, I have just found about
>>     date >, < or equal.
>>
>>     Is there a way to do it, or it it possible to add this filter type on
>>     dates (text or not) ?
>>

>> You can search on events with date "(Unknown date)", so create a
>> filter with that as rule.
>> Then you can invert this selection: Filter editor-> Return values that
>> do not match the filter rules
>>
>> Then use this as event filter for the people, or combine another
>> person filter with this.
>>
>> Did not try this myself, but I think it should work :-).
> I suppose my explanations weren't clear.
>
> In the event view, I want to exclude all the events where date = (date
> inconnue), specifying or not the event type (which I can set ...
>
> So, all my test of creating a filter on persons can't be applied to the
> event view.
>
> Another thing, could it be possible to invert each goal individually in
> a filter, and also on the visible fields.
>
> For example : Wedding + inverted = Birth + Death
>
> A+
> Alain Aupeix
> http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
> http://pissobi-lacassagne.pagesperso-orange.fr/
> U.buntu 12.04 | G.ramps 3.5.0-0.SVN20055 | H.arbour 3.2.0dev (Rev 18920)
> | HbIDE (Rev.189)

> Own the Future-Intel&reg; Level Up Game Demo Contest 2013
> Rise to greatness in Intel's independent game demo contest.
> Compete for recognition, cash, and the chance to get your game
> on Steam. $5K grand prize plus 10 genre and skill prizes.
> Submit your demo by 6/6/13. http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel_levelupd2d

Re: Dates Filter

Alain AUPEIX
Le 27/03/2013 10:02, Jérôme a écrit :
I am not certain to understand why you set an event type for something
related to something like event's attribute (date). What happen once you
find the date? You need to change the event type?
Well, in fact I have not created a new event type, I just mark the unknow dates with this text. Just to have an better export for geneanet, and also because it's visually better even in Gramps (as it's bold).
I'm doing a maintenance of my database, and I use events view. The presence of these records is a bit ennoying.
Did you try to sort by date into Event View?

When I try this, I get three types of group, events with:

1. a complete valid date
2. a textual date (cannot be parsed by Date Handler)
3. no date
They are all grouped: sort by date will match and group some types of dates!
You're right, and it a way I will use to eliminate them
There is also the 'non-standard' way...
You know that you can set a markup for textual dates (invalid according
to date handler) by going into Edit menu -> Preferences -> Dates

By default it is the common markup for bold: <b>%s</b>

I suppose to replace '<b>' tag by '<date_inconnue>' tag (for opening and
closing) will do the trick! Then you can easily match by searching or
filtering events via this custom mark on textual dates. The idea is
close to mark via tag, we are using a common key. ;)

You just need to go back to the default tag/markup after playing with them!
An idea for this or perhaps another need.
Note, it seems that Gramps 4.1 will be able to set tag on all primary
objects (need a database upgrade).
A future goodie.
Another thing, could it be possible to invert each goal individually in
a filter, and also on the visible fields in the right tab, instead of a global invert.

For example : Wedding + inverted = Birth + Death
You haven't answer to that point.
Will it be possible ?

I think it would improve the filter system.

A+

2013/3/26 Alain Aupeix <[hidden email]>
[...]

Well, you can make an event filter for that, and use it as custom filter

Benny

So, all my test of creating a filter on persons can't be applied to the event view.

Another thing, could it be possible to invert each goal individually in a filter, and also on the visible fields.

For example : Wedding + inverted = Birth + Death

A+
--

U.buntu 12.04 | G.ramps 3.5.0-0.SVN20055 | H.arbour 3.2.0dev (Rev 18920) | HbIDE (Rev.189)

Re: Dates Filter

Tim Lyons
Administrator
Alain AUPEIX wrote
    I suppose my explanations weren't clear.

    In the event view, I want to exclude all the events where date =
    (date inconnue), specifying or not the event type (which I can set
Go to the Events category, choose Edit->Event Filter Editor, define a filter with a single rule; "Events with <data>", in the Date field type in "date inconnue", select the Event type that you want to exclude, select "Return values that do not match the filter rules".

Applying this filter to the events view will exclude events with unknown dates.

Is this what you wanted in your original question? You seem to be asking all sorts of different questions when your question seems to have been answered!