Dead or Alive?

Martin Ewing
The dead/alive marker needs to be based on documented conditions, and I see three:

Known dead (documented).  [Most of my database is in this category!]
Born more than N years ago, presumed dead.
Born less than or equal to N years ago, presumed alive.

Where N is four score and ten, or whatever you choose.  We often do not know if younger persons are alive or not, so a simple "alive" flag is not the best choice.

And the alive/dead colors should be selectable to allow for cultural preferences.  The mind boggles, but some of this functionality is probably useful.

--
Martin Ewing
Branford, Connecticut