Debugging Gramps: winpdb Gramps.py - "Gramps.py" doesn't exist - Windows 10 x64

Debugging Gramps: winpdb Gramps.py - "Gramps.py" doesn't exist - Windows 10 x64

dbareis
Hi,

RE: https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php/Debugging_Gramps

I worked out how to install the debugger , now for the "easy" step...

I searched my whole hard drive for "Gramps.py" but that doesn't exist.  Gramps installed to "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-5.1.2".

---
Thanks
Dennis

Re: Debugging Gramps: winpdb Gramps.py - "Gramps.py"doesn't exist - Windows 10 x64

GRAMPS - Dev mailing list

Hi Dennis,

The wiki you pointed to seems to be geared towards Linux, whereas you’re using the all-in-one version on Windows. I hope there’s an easy way for Windows too, otherwise here are the setup instructions for Windows:

https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php/Gramps_for_Windows_with_MSYS2

I’m trying to set up a build/debug environment on Windows 10 with WSL/Ubuntu 18.04 and Visual Studio Code with Remote Debugging extensions, but not quite there yet.

Himanshu

Re: Debugging Gramps: winpdb Gramps.py - "Gramps.py"doesn't exist - Windows 10 x64

dbareis
Hi Himanshu,

Thanks for that, I will give that a miss for now, I have raised this request:

---
Thanks
Dennis