Deep Connections

Richard Nairn
Trying to figure out if this is a feature or a bug ;-) It's not major,
but ...

I am entering some Norwegian ancestors where only the male line is
known. On the Deep Connections gramplet it will just list the relation
to the immediate descendant  until it finds a "complete family" in which
case it will actually list the relation to the home person

eg: Looking for relationship between
   NAIRN, Richard  (Home Person) and
   MARKENG, Torbjørn Tollefsen (Active Person)...
Found relation #1:
    MARKENG, Torbjørn Tollefsen
    father of MARKENG, Gunnar Torbjørnsson Rolid
    father of ONSET, Tollef Gunnarson
    father of ONSET, Henrik Tollefsen [twelfth great grandfather]

I don't want to enter dummy entries, but it would be handy to see the
full relation rather than track it back to one it lists.

Thanks,

Richard

Re: Deep Connections

prculley
Without knowing what the actual data is between the home and active persons, I cannot tell if what you are seeing is normal.  One possibility is if you have very deep relationships, you may be hitting the 'Edit/Preferences/General/Max Generations for Relationships" limit, which would prevent displaying of relationships deeper than that number.

Note if you change the preference, you have to restart Gramps before the Deep Connections Gramplet will notice the change...

Paul C.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 5:36 PM Richard Nairn <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

That was it. Thanks. I didn't notice that parameter.