Default color of labels

Patrice Legoux
Hello,

I just went into Dark theme (the photo software that I use are by default in this theme which, I think, is nice, especially for photos but also for Gramps) and I transformed all my tags who were black in white just to see something.

Do you know how to set Gramps for new tags to be created white by default?
There must be a parameter for that. I did not see anything in gramps.ini

Thank you in advance,

Patrice

Re: Default color of labels

GRAMPS - User mailing list
Perhaps the default Tag color should inherit the default color of Text in the theme... just to guarantee that the Text always be visible regardless of Theme games.

-Brian

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 15:22, Patrice Legoux
Hello,

I just went into Dark theme (the photo software that I use are by default in this theme which, I think, is nice, especially for photos but also for Gramps) and I transformed all my tags who were black in white just to see something.

Do you know how to set Gramps for new tags to be created white by default?
There must be a parameter for that. I did not see anything in gramps.ini

Thank you in advance,

Patrice

Untitled Download Attachment
Untitled (206 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Default color of labels

On 13/08/2019 21:21, Patrice Legoux wrote:
> Do you know how to set Gramps for new tags to be created white by default?

The default tag colour is hardcoded as black.   Use the Organise Tags
dialog to change the colour of a tag.

Re: Default color of labels

Patrice Legoux
Thanks Nick.

> The default tag colour is hardcoded as black

So, there is no option to change color? Event modifying some .py script ?

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Le mar. 13 août 2019 à 23:25, Nick Hall <[hidden email]> a écrit :
On 13/08/2019 21:21, Patrice Legoux wrote:
> Do you know how to set Gramps for new tags to be created white by default?

The default tag colour is hardcoded as black.   Use the Organise Tags
dialog to change the colour of a tag.

Re: Default color of labels

Nick Hall
On 14/08/2019 09:58, Patrice Legoux wrote:
> The default tag colour is hardcoded as black

So, there is no option to change color? Event modifying some .py script ?

The default colour is defined here:

https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/blob/master/gramps/gen/lib/tag.py#L62

The constant is a hexadecimal value in the form "#rrrrggggbbbb".

It is safe to change it.