Default event event for new persons

Gerhard Killesreiter

Re: Default event event for new persons

Hans Boldt
Interesting point. For me, the most common event I add to a person is "Occupation". I'd like a way to default to that.

Cheers! Hans

Re: Default event event for new persons

Nick Hall
On 29/06/14 15:52, Hans Boldt wrote:
> Interesting point. For me, the most common event I add to a person is
> "Occupation". I'd like a way to default to that.

There is actually a list of defaults.  For personal events it is: Birth,
Death, Burial.  For family events it is:  Marriage, Divorce.

The first event type in the list that not used for an event for the
person or family is used.

No user customisation is available, but the code is easy to change.

On 29/06/14 19:14, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
>> No user customisation is available, but the code is easy to
>> >change.
> Care to point out which file the code is in?

You are looking for the default_types method in:

gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/personeventembedlist.py

for personal events, and:

gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/eventembedlist.py

for family events.

See:

gramps/gen/lib/eventtype.py

for a list of event type constants.