Default jpg viewer in Win 10

Nigel F
When I double click a preview of a .pdf within Gramps, it opens correctly in
the pdf viewer specified as the default app for pdf viewing. But when I
double click the preview of a .jpg, it pops up the Win 10 dialog to choose
an app every time. Selecting the default app and asking for the choice to
persist makes no difference: the next time a preview is double-clicked, the
app selection dialog pops up again. It is getting very wearing..

Double clicking a .jpg in Windows Explorer opens the default viewer as
expected without any other interaction. So the problem appears to affect
only Gramps, but maybe I don't have any other applications that try to call
the default jpg viewer.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to solve the problem?

Re: Default jpg viewer in Win 10

Lionel Haslam
Hi,

it works OK for me. Have you set JPG and JPEG to open with your default viewer in the settings? I originally had problems until both were set to my preferred viewer.

Re: Default jpg viewer in Win 10

Nigel F
Hi

Thanks: yes I have set both file associations.

I have found another application (emClient) which exhibits the same problem,
so I clearly have an OS issue not a Gramps issue.

The joy of Windows .....

Regards - Nigel

Re: Default jpg viewer in Win 10

Dave Scheipers
Hi Nigel

Try setting another image viewer as the default and then reset your
desired viewer back as the default. In other words, clear the default
before setting the desired default

HTH, Dave

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 7:39 PM Nigel F <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Thanks: yes I have set both file associations.
>
> I have found another application (emClient) which exhibits the same problem,
> so I clearly have an OS issue not a Gramps issue.
>
> The joy of Windows .....
>
> Regards - Nigel
>

> --
> Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

Re: Default jpg viewer in Win 10

Nigel F
Hi Dave

Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly it didn't make any difference.

Anyway, thanks for responding: I think I'll just have to keep searching the
Win10 support sites to see if I can fins a solution to the problem.

Regards - Nigel