Delete Multiple Rows

M. Bashir Al-Noimi-2

Hi All,

When I try to delete multiple persons, Gramps appears a confirming message box for each person (as shown in this movie)!

Usually I must get one confirming message box, so how I can solve this problem?

--
Best Regards تحياتي
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi محمد بشير النعيمي

My Blog مدونتي
http://mbnoimi.net/

Re: Delete Multiple Rows

Raphael Ackermann
I've had the same problem as well yesterday.

In addition I would like to be able to delete multiple events in a
person in one click. Or even better by pressing the delete button.
Will this be possible in 3.0 or should I post a feature request?

Raphael

On Dec 12, 2007 3:52 AM, M. Bashir Al-Noimi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> When I try to delete multiple persons, Gramps appears a confirming message
> box for each person (as shown in this movie)!
>

> Usually I must get one confirming message box, so how I can solve this
> problem?
>  --
> Best Regards تحياتي
> Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi محمد بشير النعيمي
>
> My Blog مدونتي
> http://mbnoimi.net/

Re: Delete Multiple Rows

M. Bashir Al-Noimi-2
Raphael Ackermann wrote:

> I've had the same problem as well yesterday.
>
> In addition I would like to be able to delete multiple events in a
> person in one click. Or even better by pressing the delete button.
> Will this be possible in 3.0 or should I post a feature request?
>
> Raphael

I think it's very important feature, and I wondered why it not included
in early versions of Gramps!

--
Best Regards تحياتي
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi محمد بشير النعيمي

My Blog مدونتي
http://mbnoimi.net/

Re: Delete Multiple Rows

Benny Malengier
Please, do separate feature requests on the bug tracker for this.

The idea is that deleting is an unusual even. For large deletes, it should be easier to export a part of the database to a new database by filtering out what you do not want. We'd like to get better support for that in the next version.

Benny

2007/12/12, M. Bashir Al-Noimi <[hidden email]>:
Raphael Ackermann wrote:

> I've had the same problem as well yesterday.
>
> In addition I would like to be able to delete multiple events in a
> person in one click. Or even better by pressing the delete button.
> Will this be possible in 3.0 or should I post a feature request?
>
> Raphael

I think it's very important feature, and I wondered why it not included
in early versions of Gramps!

--
Best Regards تحياتي
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi محمد بشير النعيمي

My Blog مدونتي
http://mbnoimi.net/

Re: Delete Multiple Rows

Michelle Engel
Hello,

I really miss this feature too! Is someone doing a feature request? I
would support it.
Is it difficult to change the programm, so that one can select and
delete more than one event? I have no idea how much work this is, sorry...

How can I export data and filter out special events?

Michelle

Benny Malengier schrieb:

> Please, do separate feature requests on the bug tracker for this.
>
> The idea is that deleting is an unusual even. For large deletes, it
> should be easier to export a part of the database to a new database by
> filtering out what you do not want. We'd like to get better support for
> that in the next version.
>
> Benny
>
> 2007/12/12, M. Bashir Al-Noimi <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     Raphael Ackermann wrote:
>
>      > I've had the same problem as well yesterday.
>      >
>      > In addition I would like to be able to delete multiple events in a
>      > person in one click. Or even better by pressing the delete button.
>      > Will this be possible in 3.0 or should I post a feature request?
>      >
>      > Raphael
>      >
>     I think it's very important feature, and I wondered why it not included
>     in early versions of Gramps!

Re: Delete Multiple Rows

Raphael Ackermann
I'll do the feature requests later tonight, if nobody has done them so far.

Raphael

On Dec 12, 2007 11:22 AM, Michelle Engel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I really miss this feature too! Is someone doing a feature request? I
> would support it.
> Is it difficult to change the programm, so that one can select and
> delete more than one event? I have no idea how much work this is, sorry...
>
> How can I export data and filter out special events?
>
> Michelle
>
> Benny Malengier schrieb:
> > Please, do separate feature requests on the bug tracker for this.
> >
> > The idea is that deleting is an unusual even. For large deletes, it
> > should be easier to export a part of the database to a new database by
> > filtering out what you do not want. We'd like to get better support for
> > that in the next version.
> >
> > Benny
> >
> > 2007/12/12, M. Bashir Al-Noimi <[hidden email]
> > <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
> >
> >     Raphael Ackermann wrote:
> >
> >      > I've had the same problem as well yesterday.
> >      >
> >      > In addition I would like to be able to delete multiple events in a
> >      > person in one click. Or even better by pressing the delete button.
> >      > Will this be possible in 3.0 or should I post a feature request?
> >      >
> >      > Raphael
> >      >
> >     I think it's very important feature, and I wondered why it not included
> >     in early versions of Gramps!

Re: Delete Multiple Rows

Raphael Ackermann
done!
http://bugs.gramps-project.org/view.php?id=1438
http://bugs.gramps-project.org/view.php?id=1437
http://bugs.gramps-project.org/view.php?id=1436

On Dec 12, 2007 1:40 PM, Raphael Ackermann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'll do the feature requests later tonight, if nobody has done them so far.
>
> Raphael
>

> On Dec 12, 2007 11:22 AM, Michelle Engel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I really miss this feature too! Is someone doing a feature request? I
> > would support it.
> > Is it difficult to change the programm, so that one can select and
> > delete more than one event? I have no idea how much work this is, sorry...
> >
> > How can I export data and filter out special events?
> >
> > Michelle
> >
> > Benny Malengier schrieb:
> > > Please, do separate feature requests on the bug tracker for this.
> > >
> > > The idea is that deleting is an unusual even. For large deletes, it
> > > should be easier to export a part of the database to a new database by
> > > filtering out what you do not want. We'd like to get better support for
> > > that in the next version.
> > >
> > > Benny
> > >
> > > 2007/12/12, M. Bashir Al-Noimi <[hidden email]
> > > <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
> > >
> > >     Raphael Ackermann wrote:
> > >
> > >      > I've had the same problem as well yesterday.
> > >      >
> > >      > In addition I would like to be able to delete multiple events in a
> > >      > person in one click. Or even better by pressing the delete button.
> > >      > Will this be possible in 3.0 or should I post a feature request?
> > >      >
> > >      > Raphael
> > >      >
> > >     I think it's very important feature, and I wondered why it not included
> > >     in early versions of Gramps!

Re: Delete Multiple Rows

M. Bashir Al-Noimi-2
Raphael Ackermann wrote:

> done!
> http://bugs.gramps-project.org/view.php?id=1438
> http://bugs.gramps-project.org/view.php?id=1437
> http://bugs.gramps-project.org/view.php?id=1436

Thanks, I wish Gramps team fix it as soon as possible.

--
Best Regards تحياتي
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi محمد بشير النعيمي

My Blog مدونتي
http://mbnoimi.net/

Re: Delete Multiple Rows

Raphael Ackermann
I guess it would be implemented even faster if you could help them in
some way. It is not a bug that needs fixed, but a feature request that
somebody has to implement and test.

Raphael

On Dec 13, 2007 6:22 PM, M. Bashir Al-Noimi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Raphael Ackermann wrote:
>
> > done!
> > http://bugs.gramps-project.org/view.php?id=1438
> > http://bugs.gramps-project.org/view.php?id=1437
> > http://bugs.gramps-project.org/view.php?id=1436
> >

> Thanks, I wish Gramps team fix it as soon as possible.
>
> --
>
> Best Regards تحياتي
> Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi محمد بشير النعيمي
>
> My Blog مدونتي
> http://mbnoimi.net/

Re: Delete Multiple Rows

Michelle Engel
How can we help?

Raphael Ackermann schrieb:

> I guess it would be implemented even faster if you could help them in
> some way. It is not a bug that needs fixed, but a feature request that
> somebody has to implement and test.
>
> Raphael
>
> On Dec 13, 2007 6:22 PM, M. Bashir Al-Noimi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Raphael Ackermann wrote:
>>
>>> done!
>>> http://bugs.gramps-project.org/view.php?id=1438
>>> http://bugs.gramps-project.org/view.php?id=1437
>>> http://bugs.gramps-project.org/view.php?id=1436
>>>

>> Thanks, I wish Gramps team fix it as soon as possible.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Best Regards تحياتي
>> Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi محمد بشير النعيمي
>>
>> My Blog مدونتي
>> http://mbnoimi.net/

Re: Delete Multiple Rows

M. Bashir Al-Noimi-2
Raphael Ackermann wrote:
> I guess it would be implemented even faster if you could help them in
> some way.
Yeb, I can help, but I've no experience in Python coding, so all what I
can do is testing nothing more.

>  It is not a bug that needs fixed, but a feature request that
> somebody has to implement and test.

--
Best Regards تحياتي
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi محمد بشير النعيمي

My Blog مدونتي
http://mbnoimi.net/

Re: Delete Multiple Rows

Eero Tamminen-3
Hi,

On Friday 14 December 2007, M. Bashir Al-Noimi wrote:
> Raphael Ackermann wrote:
> > I guess it would be implemented even faster if you could help them in
> > some way.
>
> Yeb, I can help, but I've no experience in Python coding, so all what I
> can do is testing nothing more.

An UI mockup of how the multiple events are to be selected etc, can help.

> >  It is not a bug that needs fixed, but a feature request that
> > somebody has to implement and test.

        - Eero

Re: Delete Multiple Rows

Michelle Engel
Hello,

after hearing me complaining about deleting hundreds of single rows, my
husband said, he could write or change the python code, so that it is
possible to select and delete multiple rows.

Is it ok, when he writes the code - according to the programming
guidelines? Should I subscribe to the gramps-devel mailing list?

Michelle

Raphael Ackermann schrieb:
> I guess it would be implemented even faster if you could help them in
> some way. It is not a bug that needs fixed, but a feature request that
> somebody has to implement and test.
>
> Raphael

Re: Delete Multiple Rows

Benny Malengier
Michelle,

discussions or questions about coding should go to gramps devel mailing list.
Patches to the code should be attached to a bug or feature request on the bug tracker.

I see it is perfectly possible to select eg multiple people and delete them, but one has to click yes for every single person.

Benny

Raphael Ackermann schrieb:
> I guess it would be implemented even faster if you could help them in
> some way. It is not a bug that needs fixed, but a feature request that
> somebody has to implement and test.
>
> Raphael

Re: Delete Multiple Rows

Michelle Engel
Benny Malengier schrieb:
> Michelle,
>
> discussions or questions about coding should go to gramps devel mailing
> list.
> Patches to the code should be attached to a bug or feature request on
> the bug tracker.

Ok, we will do this, thank you.

> I see it is perfectly possible to select eg multiple people and delete
> them, but one has to click yes for every single person.

Yes, but it's not possible for events.

Michelle