Descendant Fan not showing names

Mark P
When I create a descendant fan (7 generations) it scales the box size by the number of descendants (setting: proportional to number of descendants) - however some boxes are too small to show names and just appear as blank boxes onscreen. When printing to pdf even more names are lost due to further reduction in size. Changing the settings to homogenous children distribution makes the problem even worse.  Showing names on one line helped, but long names and/or last  names still don’t show in later generations (smaller boxes).  Is there a way to scale the font or graph size to allow for showing all names?  (goal = PDF of 7 generation Descendant Fan with all names showing)   Any help or alternative suggestions appreciated.

Re: Descendant Fan not showing names

GRAMPS - User mailing list
You can mitigate the "even more names are lost" issue by increasing the destination paper size. Doubling  default 'Letter/A4' size to Tabloid/Ledger/A3 helps. (A0 size is 33.11"x46.81")

The larger PDF can be fit to page when printing.  The scaling when printing is less susceptible to data loss than the original generation routine.

But is STILL doesn't guarantee all the boxes will be populated. The Chart view is a display oriented tool rather than a report destined for printing. I think we'd need a descendant variation of the ancestor oriented Reports => Graphical Reports => Fan Chart...

-Brian

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 20:00, Mark Pavelka