Descendant Graph

sakuno
Hello Helpful Types,

Not having done a Descendant Graph before I find myself at a loss as to how to
help someone.  They want to add spouses and the default doesn't have them.
That's fine because I figured that adding 's. $s' does the trick.  But what
do you do when there are multiple spouses (spice?) ?  And is there a way of
suppressing the s. if there weren't any spouses?

--
 Regards
      Trevor Rhodes

Never mud wrestle with a pig.. you get dirty and the pig enjoys it!
Never try to teach a pig to dance. You waste your time and annoy the pig.
Theoretically pigs can fly if propelled with enough force.

Re: Descendant Graph

derHeinzi
Since no one answered this question yet and I, as a new user of GRAMPS, stumbled across the same problem, I would like to bring up this matter again.

sakuno wrote
Hello Helpful Types,

Not having done a Descendant Graph before I find myself at a loss as to how to
help someone.  They want to add spouses and the default doesn't have them.
That's fine because I figured that adding 's. $s' does the trick.  But what
do you do when there are multiple spouses (spice?) ?  And is there a way of
suppressing the s. if there weren't any spouses?

--
 Regards
      Trevor Rhodes
Currently, in the report of the male line, the children of all spouses of a man are listed, but only one spouse (not necessarily the mother of the child, if there is only one child from two marriages!) is named in the graph when the format $s is given.
Feature requests:
Could there be a comma seperated list of all spouses when the $s format is given?
And would it be possible to add a placeholder for the birth and death dates of the spouses as well?

I use the descendants report mainly to hand them to relatives who know more about their kinship than I do. This makes it easy for them to fill in the missing and correct the wrong data. They always wonder about this report "feature".

Thank you for any comments on this

derHeinzi

Re: Descendant Graph

Benny Malengier
As has been said recently (but perhaps it was on the devel list):

1/ The descendant tree has a more simple logic, for the full complexity of relationships use the Relationship Graph in conjunction with the powerful graphviz tool and a descendant filter on your database, see our wiki.

2/ If you want more info in the descendant tree format, try out the new third party plugin http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Third-party_Plugins#Descend.5D_Report

Benny