Descendant trees in gramps

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Descendant trees in gramps

M.A.P.
Do any of you know which version of gramps had the descendant tree in
it. I'm trying to find out which version of gramps had it. I found that
to be most useful, and I am surprised that it isn't in the newer
versions of gramps. Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Miguel A. Perez


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Descendant trees in gramps

Ron Johnson
On 05/14/2017 11:53 AM, M.A.P. wrote:
> Do any of you know which version of gramps had the descendant tree in
> it. I'm trying to find out which version of gramps had it. I found that
> to be most useful, and I am surprised that it isn't in the newer
> versions of gramps. Thanks for your help.

Gramps has had Descendant Trees for ages.  I just checked, and not only does
4.2.5 have DT, but it works fine.

You'll probably have to install it manually (must search the website for
instructions).

--
World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Descendant trees in gramps

M.A.P.
Is the Descendant Tree in the charts category?

On 5/14/2017 12:21, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 05/14/2017 11:53 AM, M.A.P. wrote:
>> Do any of you know which version of gramps had the descendant tree in
>> it. I'm trying to find out which version of gramps had it. I found that
>> to be most useful, and I am surprised that it isn't in the newer
>> versions of gramps. Thanks for your help.
> Gramps has had Descendant Trees for ages.  I just checked, and not only does
> 4.2.5 have DT, but it works fine.
>
> You'll probably have to install it manually (must search the website for
> instructions).
>



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Descendant trees in gramps

manzi.sam
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Descendant trees in gramps

M.A.P.
Well, I was looking for the Charts category descendant tree, which I now believe is called the Graph View. What I found out after looking around in the gramps I downloaded is that that particular charts category is an add-on, that I did not remember was in gramps.

Kind regards,

Miguel A. Perez

On 5/14/2017 22:48, Sam Manzi wrote:
Hi,

On 15 May 2017 at 03:30, M.A.P. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is the Descendant Tree in the charts category?

The report is builtin to Gramps, no installation required.

You can choose the Descendant Tree report with [Reports ->Graphical Reports -> Descendant Tree...]

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_4.2_Wiki_Manual_-_Reports_-_part_4#Descendant_Tree

-
Sam


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Descendant trees in gramps

Nick Hall
On 15/05/17 04:53, M.A.P. wrote:
> Well, I was looking for the Charts category descendant tree, which I
> now believe is called the Graph View. What I found out after looking
> around in the gramps I downloaded is that that particular charts
> category is an add-on, that I did not remember was in gramps.

The Graph View is a thrid-party addon that has been available since v3.2.

For a full list of third-party addons see:

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=4.2_Addons#Addon_List

Once installed, it will appear in the "Charts" category.

Nick.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org