DescendantLines report just producing text list

DescendantLines report just producing text list

Chris Wood
For me, the DescendantLines report is just producing a textual list of persons rather than the nice sort of graph I see here: https://gramps-project.org/wiki/images/b/be/JohnShakespeare-DescendantsLines.png. Is there any obvious reason why it's doing this?

I'm using Gramps 5.0.1 on Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64-bit.

Re: DescendantLines report just producing text list

Chris Wood
I am using the correct report, but I've looked more closely at the options and now see that the issue is that the report output isn't generated in the normal place.

This report appears to work differently from any other I've tried. The output file for the report is not specified in the Document Options section of the options screen, but under the Report Options tab. The document specified under the Document Options produces what's called a "supplemental report" (you only see it's called this if you select type SVG when an error message tells you that SVG is not supported for the supplemental report). This report is just a list of people, and different from those in the graphical report; I'm not sure exactly what it is but this was what I was looking at.

The DescendantsLines docs don't mention the supplemental report, and actually say the Document Options output file will be empty.

So mea culpa - RTFM I guess but it is somewhat confusing.

On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 at 21:29, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sounds like you saw the Lines of Descendency Report:
https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php/Lines_of_Descendency_Report

Are you sure you selected
Reports -> Graphical Reports -> Descendants Lines...

-Brian

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 6:14, Chris Wood